Bourbon Street Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heeeey! Thanks for resurrecting this one. My family loved it and I totally forgot about it. Might leave this for dinner tonight.

GB: According to that chart (Alcohol Burn Off), simmering for 15 minutes will remove 60% of the alcohol (leaving you with 40% retained). The progression that follows (every half hour of time on the heat beyond the first equating to about a 5% drop in alcohol content) leads me to believe that the majority of burnoff occurs in the first 10 minutes.

Since this starts with about a half cup of pure alcohol, a 50% alcohol burnoff gives you a quarter cup of alcohol in about 2 and a half cups of other ingredients. This is less than 10% of the total by volume.

When I said "almost all of the alcohol had evaporated" I was incorrect... but simmering for 10 minutes will remove a large quantity of alcohol.

FOUND IT! I have been searching for this recipe for ages. I forgot what it was called and simply couldn't find it again. And searching for Allen's name didn't work either dang it all. I got stubborn today and just kept on hunting til I found it. I think I will make this either tonight or tomorrow. (I may have to clean out the fridge tonight)

I recall a discussion thread on here a couple years back regarding the "cooking out of the alcohol" in recipes that called for using it. It got into a very heated argument, apparently, not as much of it cooks out as previously thought. anyways...

food police tip... if you choose to marinate the chicken in the sauce prior to grilling as stated in the recipe as optional, I would certainly recommend boiling the marinated sauce prior to using it for basting the chicken. better yet... make more sauce than stated, reserve some aside for basting or dipping, and use the remainder for marinating... discard the marinade portion.

Ah yes, Bourbon Street Chicken, good stuff thanks for the recipe!

I think they associated it with LA just because of Bourbon St. not realizing it was actually because it had bourbon in it.
Think Bourbon flavored chicken.... kinda... sorta... ah just tell me to shut up and eat! LOL.

Hey Buddy, you would have fit right in at the table, lots of munching, little talking! Thats how you know something tastes good in our house!

Back
Top Bottom