Breaded Baked Chicken Breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so I was wanting to make this recipe, but I don't have any Taragon. Do you guys think it would be okay to just skip it, or is there something else I could use?... Here's the recipe:

4 skinless chicken breasts, deboned
3 cups Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon each of dried tarragon, marjoram and thyme, crumbled
1 heaping teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse pepper
Milk for dipping

Of course it would be fine to leave it out...it won't hurt anything. Tarragon is a fairly strong flavor so I'd be sure to try this again using it.

You could totally leave it out or add any other savory herb i.e., basil would go nicely but I'd be more tempted to use rosemary. Rosemary and thyme are a match made in heaven!

lol Thanks KE! I figured it would be fine, but wanted to make sure since i'd never used Tarragon before. It says at the end of the recipe that they sometimes pour some chicken broth in the bottom of the dish, and ontop when it's done.. Wouldn't doing this make the chicken no longer crispy? I think I might skip that part too..

i would use something other than tarragon. i don't much like anything i have eaten it in. maybe there was too much.

babe:chef:

Well, beginner_chef may like it. Everyone needs to give it a try if they haven't.

bc - after you remove the chicken maybe you can add some chicken broth to deglaze and then add a pat of butter for some body and use as a sauce? Yea, I'm with you - once I get a crust on my chicken do NOT take that crispiness away! :LOL:

If you did some potatoes maybe the sauce could be a drizzle on the potatoes?

Have you made it already? Did you add anything to replace the tarragon? Us curious minds want to know! :cool:

Hi everyone. I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to say that it turned out VERY good. I went ahead and just left it crispy out of the oven, but I like your idea of making a sauce with it afterwards. We just had baked potatoes with it, but I will definetly try the sauce next time, and serve it over mashed potatoes. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom