Breaded chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicilian

Assistant Cook
I made this tonight, came out decliousss, incredible crust, if done right, a crust sort of like KFC, real crispy/brown.

Ingrediants:
4 chicken boneless/skinless (or however much you have.)
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, or about 10 pieces of dried bread (than grind to make authentic crumbs.)
1 cup AP Flour
1-6 eggs (depending how many breast/size)
2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ceynne (if you like zaz)
1/4 tsp salt (or more on taste, I got salt problems, so I keep it small as I can)
1 tsp dried thyme

Pre-heat oven 350
Mix crumbs,flour,pepper,ceyenne,salt,thyme, all in one shallow bowl. I found mixing it, than adding it to a brown papper bag was nice. Take dried/cleaned chicken (dry with paper towl, try to make dry as possible) - Dip chicken into egg, hold over bowl, let the excess liquid fall off, than dip into dry mixture, put down, do this with all of the breast's, put oil in a pan (I used alot of oil), and cook, both side's til nice and brown. (Did this next thing off the top of my ehad, I wanted a real nice coating of crust.) So I dipped the breats back into the egg/dry mixture, and put it in the oven, on a GREASED baking sheet, might be smart to add alittle of the dry mixture to the sheet as well. Than I cooked each chicken at the same time on a baking sheet, for 8 minutes on each side, I than took it out, and re added it to a GREASED pan, and cooked each side for alittle more (1-2 minutes each side), to make sure it was crispy..

Came out declious, good luck.

We're always looking for new ideas for chicken. Will give this one a try. Thank you!

I'm sure you can tweak it alittle to your liking, garlic powder, etc. I just whipped it up from the top of my head lol, turned out really really tasty..

Make sure to tell me the result's are, and if you changed something, so I can try it it =] good luck..!

I follow the nearly the same technique, but it's a bit different. Like you, I dry the chicken pieces, then dip into beaten egg. I then dredge in AP flour and shake off the excess. Dip again in egg, and the shake in a paper bag with home-made and home-seasoned breadcrumbs. I pan fry in about three inches of oil until lightly golden. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet (super easy cleanup) and bake at 370' for twenty minutes. This produces extremely tender and juicy chicken. And for great fried chicken, follow the same recipe, but omit the second egg-dip and breadcrumbs.

Either way, this chicken will squirt you when you bite it, so have napkins ready, and has a lightly crisp coating.

What I want to learn, is how they het that super-crispy coating on KFC, Broasted, and Chester-Fried chicken. I know that the pressure-fryer is used, but that doesn't explain that tick and wonderful coating that I just can't seem to re-produce at home. My coatings are always flavorfull, but are lighter in texture, though still crispy. And yes I have tried double coating.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom