Brie-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Brie-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion -- chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, coarsely chop
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup apple cider
4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into chunks
4 medium chicken breast halves, on the bone, with skin (2 lbs)

Heat oil in medium size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until very tender, about 8 minutes. Add apple, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 cup cider; cook until apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly; Stir in Brie. Divide stuffing into 4 equal portions.

Heat oven to 400°. Run fingers under breast skin to separate from flesh. Put one-fourth of the stuffing under the skin of each breast; press gently to distribute filling evenly. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.

Bake in 400 degree oven until no longer pink near bone, 35 minutes. (180 degrees on instant-read meat thermometer). Remove chicken to platter; keep warm. Prepare sauce: Skim fat from baking dish. Scrape drippings into small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 cup apple cider; cook to reduce by half. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon over chicken.
Serves 4.

This one made my mouth water. I can't wait to try it ! Thanks for posting!!!

I wonder if you could pound boneless breasts and stuff with this mixture? I may try that. I don't buy bone in breasts.

Alix said:
I wonder if you could pound boneless breasts and stuff with this mixture? I may try that. I don't buy bone in breasts.

You could try cutting about a 2" deep by 2" long slash to make a pocket & add filling. OR - pound the breasts flat, lay on the filling & roll em up.

I'm going to roll them. I am making them for dinner tomorrow night. I will post back and let you know how they were.

that sounds great mish. guess I could use bonless skinless breasts and cut a pocket or pound it 1/4" thick and roll the ingredients inside. Love brie and apples together.

I made it last night and it was FABULOUS. I rolled the breasts in parmesan and breadcrumbs and there is not a sniff left. They were one of the best we have had in ages. THANKS mish.

You're welcome, Alix. Soooo glad you & yours enjoyed the dish.:)

Making these again Mish. This time I am just going to butterfly the breasts and stuff them that way. Rolling those babies is too much work for me.

Wow Mish, this sounds fantastic. The BF doesn't like fruit with poultry or meat, but I think I am going to have to fix this anyway.

Back
Top Bottom