"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Oh, Margi! You have a whole new wonderful world about to open to you.

Not only will you enjoy the heavenly taste of buttermilk-fried chicken, but you can now partake of another delectable Southern staple...cornbread. There's nothin' better to have with a big bowl of chili or a bowl of white beans and ham. Yep!! That's good ole Southern cookin'!
+1 I love buttermilk......

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #52
Executive Chef
Polenta or Cornbread

@ CSW,

Good Morning.

Thanks for your reply to my dilemma with having to order Dried Buttermilk from King Arthur. Actually, this has been " out of curiousity " ... My palate is Mediterranean ... I try things out of curiousity ...

However, it is too complicated and the ingredients are NOT fresh, they are dried in packets ... So, a last time on this side of the Atlantic ... I would prefer to have Buttermilk Chicken in The UK or Germany or the USA or Canada, next time over in one of these countries.

I do not have much of a "sweet tooth", and prefer savoury, salty and Piquant Piquant over sweet ...

In ref to corn: In Italy, there is Polenta ... I prefer it savoury and very very firm, NOT like a porridge or mushy.

In ref to corn: In Spain, the only corn, feeds the horses, pigs, donkies and the goats ! There is no corn on the cob --- and the little that there is, is for the 4 hoofs !! or grown for frozen food industry ...

I can get corn flour to make corn bread, and I like it as a breakfast cake with my Espresso.

None the less, I prefer to have Mexican at: Todo a Mexico, an old friendīs restaurant than cook it at home --- I like Fajitas with Shrimp, corn flour tortillas, Guacamole, corn chips called Fritos and enchiladas filled with Mexican cheese.

I save the Tex Mex for vacations over to the USA ...

Have a nice Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote

buttermilk, chicken, spices