Chef Aberdeen Angus's Cock-a-Leekie soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well shucks....Now I done went and got all nostalgic.
One of many favorites by Silly Wizard
Now back to the soup...gonna try this one soon!
Thanks!
good stuff hoot!the gaelic/celtic races of britain..scots,n/irish(s/irish too but they aren't part of the uk),welsh all have very similar rhythms,drum beats etc
now go get your soup!

Some friends of mine and I have a little band...We tried to learn this song...We got fair with the music, with me plinkin' on the banjo for the fiddle part, but it just don't sound the same with a southern drawl...:LOL:

Last edited:
Some friends of mine and I have a little band...We tried to learn this song...We got fair with the music, with me plinkin' on the banjo for the fiddle part, but it just don't sound the same with a southern drawl...:LOL:
i can see where you're coming from on that one hoot:rolleyes::LOL:!!

i used to play rugby,tax....thank gawd we never played a scottish team...coulda got real messy in the scrums & you wouldn't know where to tackle 'em.............
My ex is Scottish and played rugby, in shorts. He played hooker. Had the body of someone 6' tall, but had short legs, so he was only 5'7". The perfect build for a hooker. :LOL:

My ex is Scottish and played rugby, in shorts. He played hooker. Had the body of someone 6' tall, but had short legs, so he was only 5'7". The perfect build for a hooker. :LOL:
i played hook too!! dangerous position centre pack.had me eyebrows split open numerous times when the two packs clashed at scrum down,can't protect yourself 'cos you've got your arms round your prop forwards necks to float on the ball.got me left shoulder ripped out of it's socket most saturdays too when the pack collapsed & rolled....got a load of screws & plastic in there now...loved every minute....fabulous game

Back
Top Bottom