Chicken And Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
CHICKEN & BISCUITS

1 Fryer Cut up.
Vegetables of your Choice
Butter
Flour…
Salt & Pepper

In a large pot simmer the chicken until tender with a little celery, onion, salt and pepper.
Remove the chicken, allow it to cool, and remove the meat from the bones. Strain, but do not de-fat the stock. Simmer vegetables (I used diced celery, onion, carrot, a very few English peas, and a few grains of corn mostly for color) until tender. Thicken with a light four and butter roux to the desired thickness. Adjust seasonings. Serve by opening your biscuits and covering with chicken meat and gravy!

Last edited:
UB- Now that is some Chic-n-Biscuits. It looks absolutely delicious!!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

Your welcome UB , I also just found out my daughter in college loves cornbread and was estatic that I know how to make it. You made her a very happy girl!

This came out wonderful....until I made the mistake of adding a can of canned peas. It was still good but tasted better before I did that. Maybe a few would have been better. Oh well I will try this again for sure.

mmmm..gonna try that..kinda reminds me of the chicken ala king my mom use to make when i was a kid..wish I had her recipe or could remember what was in it. Only thing that I remember is pimento besides the chicken..Thanks :)

mmmm..gonna try that..kinda reminds me of the chicken ala king my mom use to make when i was a kid..wish I had her recipe or could remember what was in it. Only thing that I remember is pimento besides the chicken..Thanks :)

Maybe it was Betty Crocker's: Chicken à la King from Betty Crocker

That's the one my mom used to make :) I make it frequently during the winter. Over mashed potatoes, it's major comfort food for me.

My old Better Homes / Gardens cookbook has one, I think it's just the same as Bettys'.

Thanks ya all !! I have her old Betty Crocker cookbook even..Can't believe I never thought to look in it..gonna have to try it and see if its the same as I remember.

Back
Top Bottom