Chicken and Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VIDEODROME

Cook
Okay today I picked up some chicken breast and I want to make General Tso's with them as well as use up some leftover potatoes. I've made different styles of this before with stove top pan cooking but this time I was thinking of baking it in a glass pan.

So here is my main question. I was thinking of just chopping up the potatos and chicken breasts and baking them together in the same glass pan at the same time. I was wondering if it was a good idea to cook them together that way or if I would be better off cooking chicken and spuds seperately because of possible different oven cooking times for each ingredient.

video, I have a couple recipes that say to cook the chicken and potatoes together but I've found that it works best if I parboil the potatoes first just to give them a bit of a head start cooking. Also, cutting the chicken and potatoes equal sizes (at least don't make the potatoes bigger than the chicken) will help to ensure even cooking. Hope this helps!

PA Baker said:
Also, cutting the chicken and potatoes equal sizes (at least don't make the potatoes bigger than the chicken) will help to ensure even cooking. Hope this helps!

Yeah that's a good idea. I bought breast of chicken but I intend to cut both them and the potatos down to more of a bite size. Also I think that if I carve the chicken down and poke holes in it before marinating it might help let in the flavor.

I also got a chipotle rice mix to go on the side that I'll cook up in a pot.

I just did the food prep and will probaby cook it either tonight or tommorow morning. I got chicken marinading in the sauce with some spices rubbed on them in one bag. In another bag I got the leftover pototoes chopped up and added a Lipton onion mix as well as some Basil flavored Olive Oil.

I might start baking with just the potatoes for a bit at first and then later add the chicken. While that's going I'll make rice on the stove.

Sounds good, videodrome. If you're cutting the chicken and potatoes into bite sized pieces (or even 2-bite sizes), you can easily cook them together. (or at least I do!) I especially like to crock-pot them, along with cut up carrots. I just add some type of liquid (whether it's chicken stock, soup mix, or whatever sounds good that day)
Now I'm hungry!

I have often roasted whole potatoes with a whole chicken. Sometimes I will marinade the chicken and sometimes not. It all depends on the taste you are going for. I'm sure that you will be pleased with your results VIDEODROME.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom