Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums371-picture4471.jpg

Wait a minute! No recipe to go with that wonderful picture?!

What I like is that yours looks nice and Wet.. Jambalaya is often served Too Dry for my taste.

Eric, Austin Tx.

Yes, please post a recipe... My family would enjoy this sort of Jambalaya. What I usually do is add browned bulk sausage and shredded cooked chicken to two packages of store-bought Jambalaya mix.

Chicken Jambalaya:
1- 3lb chicken cut up and skin removed then boiled in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. remove from water.
In a dutch oven, brown sasuage (pork links,andouille,etc.) heat 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium) inthe dutch oven. Add 3/4 tsp salt , 1/4 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 16oz can of stewed tomatoes. Bring to a boil add chicken and 1 cup of rice and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve and garnish with parsley.

Just curious, why did you boil the chicken? I love to brown the chicken off in the pan and then brown off the andouille in the fat. It adds so much flavor to the vegis when they are sauted in it as well. I even "fry" the rice some, before adding liquid.

Craig

By all means , if you keep the skin on ,then brown the chicken. you can also use the 2 cups of water as stock, just strain it through a cheese colth. PS: I forgot to add to the recipe, 1 finely chopped jalapeño.

Back
Top Bottom