Chicken and Veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
I made this last night and it was amazingly delicious for a quick recipe, probably because I used quite rich ingredients. I got the orginal recipe from the back of a box years ago and it's been in my recipe box waiting to be used. I changed the recipe to our taste a bit (in particular we try to use whole, fresh, organic foods and the recipe called for a lot of canned, preserved food, which I'm sure you could use if you don't mind the chemical taste).

2 large or 3 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
2 T. butter (I think I used a bit more)
1 rib celery, diced
5 medium mushrooms, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 t. or 1 cube chicken bouillion
2 t. dried thyme
1-1/2 c. light cream (half and half in the US?)
2 T. flour
1/2 - 3/4 c. frozen peas and carrots mix
salt and pepper to taste
Warm biscuits, croissants, other yummy bread item

In the butter, sautee the celery, mushrooms, and green pepper. Once veggies are softened, add cubed chicken and cook through. (At this point, I added more butter, but if you wanted to make it a bit healthier, perhaps add olive oil here?) Add bouillon and thyme. Once bouillon is incorporated, add flour and cook for one minute. Add half and half, bring to a boil. Salt and pepper if needed (bouillon is quite salty in general here in Germany). Add frozen veggies and warm through. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Pour over warm biscuits and enjoy

mmmm, that sounds good velochic. i think i may try it in my wok this weekend as a stir fry. need to pick up biscuits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom