Chicken Apple Burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbagoop

Assistant Cook
It's true. I have embarked on a quest to make the perfect Chicken apple burger. I have the general idea of what to do (shredded/grated apple, ground chicken, onion, you get the picture) but I would love any ideas of special little touches to it. I would appreciate any suggestions of how to cook it, ingredients, presentation, etc.

Grazie!

Well I would certainly add garlic to the mix as well, and I love to add paprika to any BBQ dish (I consider a chicken apple burger as such). I always add kosher salt and pepper to any burger and would do the same here.

For cooking I would recommend frying them in a skillet (shallow fry) until cooked, making sure to drain them on paper towels.

I'd also recommend a Mango BBQ Sauce or Honey Glaze to top when serving, a bit of cinnamon sugar maybe?

You might want to try a little sage and/or thyme, as well as the usual salt, pepper, paprika, onion, and garlic.

There's a really good Apple Chicken Sausage out on the commercial market, somewhere. I used to get them up in Michigan when I worked at a country club there.

bubbagoop said:
It's true. I have embarked on a quest to make the perfect Chicken apple burger. I have the general idea of what to do (shredded/grated apple, ground chicken, onion, you get the picture) but I would love any ideas of special little touches to it. I would appreciate any suggestions of how to cook it, ingredients, presentation, etc.

Grazie!

Welcome to DC, bubbagoop.

The ground chicken might be a little bland, so...

You could add sausage and/or spinach to the mix. Dice your onion and apple. Saute the diced onion in olive oil, add diced apples and saute till soft. Combine the ground chicken with apple/onion mixture & shredded fresh sage leaves (if you are using spinach, omit the sage), s&p & a pinch of cinnamon or allspice. Form into patties and brown on both sides in a skillet. Serve with applesauce, on the side.

lol, Allen I was still typing, then looked up at your suggestion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom