Chicken... Bacon... Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elitecodex

Assistant Cook
My wife makes some kind of bacon wrapped chicken thing with spaghetti sauce and cheese. Its really good, and I want to improve on it. She usually bakes the bacon and chicken together for like 30 minutes to 45 minutes and then finish it in the sauce.

The bacon is cooked, but comes out "limp".. for lack of a better description.

I want to slightly change it and try to make the bacon crispier. I was thinking about grilling the bacon-wrapped chicken but had some questions (since Im still learning).

Can I grill the combination together without burning the bacon? Or would I have to cook the chicken part way then grill with the bacon? The chicken would probably only be on for about 20 minutes, less if we use tenders.

Any ideas?

EDIT: When I say grill, im referring to an indoor grill.

No matter how you cook the chicken and bacon, finishing it in the sauce will make the bacon soft.

Well that sucks :) Guess I will need to complete additional changes to this platter.

Thanks for the reply Andy.

cant you just pour the sauce over after they are both finished?

cant you just pour the sauce over after they are both finished?

Or, sauce the plate UNDER the grilled bacon-wrapped chicken, a la the fancy chefs!

And, yes, you can wrap the bacon around the raw chicken and grill them together.

Hey, maybe you can marinate the chicken in a little of the sauce before grilling, too.

Lee

Interesting... that would work out I think. Waste alot less sauce too.

So grilling them together is ok? Thats good... just to make sure, doesnt matter if its tenderloins or breasts does it? I dont know to what extent I can grill bacon without burning it.

Now ideas are poppin :) thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom