Chicken Breast Brine seasoning, for Chicken Alfredo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's how I cook chicken breasts for a pasta like that.

Lightly brown the chicken in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Once all sides are lightly colored, deglaze with about 1/2 cup of white wine. Add 1-2 cans of low sodium broth, cover and let the chicken simmer, poach or braise or whatever it's called until they're done. Cooking them this way yeilds very tender meat and opens up the window of doneness. You can use the juices that's left in the pan for your own sauce or add it to the prepared ones. IO like the Knorr packet sauces myself. The creamy pesto one is great.

jj - brining is mostly done for moisture though flavor is an added benefit (salt does enhance flavor). I think jennyema is asking you why you are brining since you are just giving the chicken a quick saute. You could very easily do an experiement - brine some and not brine some. I think the brined chicken will still be a bit more moist. If you do this let us know how each turned out.

I do, however, use my brine to not only add moisture but also flavor my Thanksgiving turkey. But that sits in the brine for about 16 or so hours.

I have done a side by side test of brined chicken and non brined chicken in a stir fry. We were easily able to tell the difference and both my wife and I greatly preferred the brined chicken better.

Back
Top Bottom