Buonasera, Ladies & Gentlemen,
Growing up in between a Swiss French maternal family and a Milanese Italian paternal family, I had the best of both worlds gastronomically speaking. Would enjoying hearing your take on the recipe ? Which type of cheese do you employ and which type of Ham ?
Here is my maternal Grandmom Margot´s Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe which was handed down to my Mom Eva, and she to me ...
chicken cordon bleu ...
1/2 Cup flour
1 tsp. Paprika
1 cup home made chicken stock
6 chicken breasts - skinless and boneless
Proscuitto di Parma or Spanish Serrano Ham or French Jambon
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1 /2 cup butter of choice ( a compound butter can be employed )
1 / 2 Cup Sherry ( Fino )
Swiss or French Emmenthal Cheese
Reggiano Parmesano Grated
1. preheat oven to 350 farenheit degrees
2. combine the flour, salt, and paprika on a large plate
3. coat the chicken breasts lightly and shake excess
4. golden brown the chicken lightly in the compound or regular butter
5. add the chicken stock and sherry to simmer 20 minutes covered
6. transfer the chicken to baking dish
7. add a thin slice of ham and a slice of Emmenthal on each piece of chicken
8. sprinkle the grated cheese on top of each piece
9. drizzle juices on chicken and bake uncovered for 20 minutes
This dish pairs perfectly with a Rosé Sparkling Wine or a Lambrusco and hot crusty French Baguette.
Ciao, Have A Nice Monday.