Chicken cordon blue patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clevy

Assistant Cook
I don't know if anyone can give me any insight on this or not but I heard a recipe for a chicken cordon blue patty.
ground chicken
brat seasoning
chopped up uncooked bacon
hi temp swiss
mix an grill

any tried this an know of any amounts of what to use?

I haven't cooked this although I've cooked Chicken Cordonn Bleu recipes from scratch before...

Per patty:

4-5 ounces ground chicken
2 strips of bacon
1 ounce Swiss cheese
spices: to taste

Method: grind or chop them together. Then grill per standard hamburger techniques. Serve hamburger style, with garnishes you prefer.

Perhaps others can give you more ideas...

Last edited:
Upon further thinking, might work well to make two really thin patties, place the cheese in the middle and seal the edges of the meat. This would be more in line with the traditional recipe.

How do you keep the cheese from burning?

I never have any luck grilling meat with cheese. It generally just oozes out and burns...:neutral:

NickCooks said:
I never have any luck grilling meat with cheese. It generally just oozes out and burns...
Not patties but Traditional Cordon Bleu isn't grilled though
and once you've...

pounded the chicken to 1/4",
tucked in the sides of the breast'
roll it up tightly like a jelly roll,
squeezed the log gently to seal,
twisted both ends tight to form a nice log,
dusted it with flour,
dipped it in an egg mixture,
coated it with bread crumbs,
placed it on a pan and baked it...

...it would have to be Houdini Cheese to escape :LOL:

...but I understand that this is about Cordon Bleu Patties on a grill
so I imagine there would be some escaping...i love burnt edges of melted cheese, best part.

Last edited:
I always though it is made the same way the chicken Kiev is made. Punded, cheese inside, and so on...

Chicken Cordon Bleu has prosciutto and cheese inside whereas Chicken Kiev just has hearbs and butter inside, no cheese.

We could always make a bed of shredded cheese to bake them on top of...no waiting or hoping for cheese ooze.:pig:

I always though it is made the same way the chicken Kiev is made. Punded, cheese inside, and so on...

Both of these recipes are sauteed first then baked.

It is only Western preferences that has fueled a "grill" version of this recipe.

Anybody who has a problem with the grill method should go back to the basics.

Back
Top Bottom