Chicken in yogurt and cream sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
This is a wonderful new dish i've started making,have already made it three times.It is so flavorful,you almost never have any left overs.my sister in law and her family came over for dinner last night(without informing earlier),and i made this with some rice,it got rave reviews.Its very very easy and quick to make and TRUST ME fingerlicking good!

THINGS YOU NEED: whole chicken cut into 8 pieces,half a cup veg oil,salt,black pepper,2 tbsp white vinegar,chopped green chillis 7,8,a medium sized chopped onion,1 cup plain yogurt,1 c heavy cream.

WHAT YOU DO; is you rub the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and vinegar and leave it for half an hour,you fry it in oil then,until its lightly browned,add yogurt,cover the pan and let simmer for like 20 minutes or until cooked(you can check)and the sauce is reduced to about half a cup only.Remove the lid,add chopped green chili and onions,cook for another couple minutes.Add cream and remove from heat after another couple minutes.Garnish with additional ground black pepper and chives if you wish.best eaten with rice or mashed potatoes and some grilled veggies.

It always amazes me how things like milk and yogurt, that go bad when in the heat, taste so good when used in cooking. I'm wondering about the salt and vinegar part though. Doesn't that affect the texture of the chicken? I used to mix vinegar with salt to make an acid that polished metal. Maybe in such small quantities they don't really get a chance to properly mix and cause a chemical reaction though.

biev said:
It always amazes me how things like milk and yogurt, that go bad when in the heat, taste so good when used in cooking. I'm wondering about the salt and vinegar part though. Doesn't that affect the texture of the chicken? I used to mix vinegar with salt to make an acid that polished metal. Maybe in such small quantities they don't really get a chance to properly mix and cause a chemical reaction though.

biev! i dont think it causes any problems,have never heard of any.You will find many rercipes around the world that use both things together specially on meats.Plus ,its COOKED and vinegar is mainly to flavor the meat and take out any bad odours or rawness.

Back
Top Bottom