Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gentlemen,
For enthusiasts of curry and the piquant, this aromatic sensational dish is sure to please. Of course, it can be adjusted to your own palate and tolerance for piquantness. *** Photo to follow ...
CHICKEN JALFREZI or jalfreji or jalfresi ...
Regular olive oil
1 grated large onion
2 minced garlic cloves
750 grams of skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
3 Teaspoons cúrcuma powder
1 tsp. red cayenne piquant flakes or powder
1 1/2 tsps. salt
500g of ripe red juicy tomatoes
30g clarified butter or 2 tblsps. olive oil
3 tsps. cumin powder
3 tsps. coriander powder
2 tblsps. freshly grated peeled ginger
30g fresh cilantro chopped finely
salt and freshly ground rose, green & black peppercorns
1. heat 2 tblps.of oil in deep skillet and sauté the onion and then the garlic until tender.
2. add the chicken pieces of choice ( I only eat the breast meat ), cúrcuma, red cayenne chili pepper, and the salt. Stir and sauté 10 mins. until golden and then, turn over the chicken pieces and sauté until golden.
3. add the tomatoes ( coulis blended peeled and de-seeded ) and cover the skillet and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
4. then remove lid & continue simmering 10 mins. more for sauce to thicken.
5. then add the clarified butter or oil, the cumin, the coriander, the ginger and the fresh cilantro minced and simmer 7 minutes
6. salt and pepper to taste
7. serve with Basmati Rice and Naan or crusty hot bread of choice
+++ serve with Rosé Cava or dry Rosé wine of choice with a drizzle of lime ... Enjoy, Margaux Cintrano