Chicken Livers Vin Santo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
One lb. chix livers cut livers into 2-3 pieces. Melt 2 Tab. butter in large skillet.Use med heat, rinse the livers ,pat dry, add to skillet.salt and pepper them,Add 1 Tab. chopped fresh sage leaves,and 4 thin slices of prosciutto cut in slives cook turing lives often til light brown but still pink in center this should take about 5 min.Transfer livers to plate with slotted spoon.Add 2 Tab vin Santo or if you cannot find any sweet marsala will do. Raise heat simmer 1 min.til liquid is slightly reduced add 1 tab, butter and 2 Tab. fresh chopped parsley pour over the livers and serve right away. Hot white rice is good here or over polenta or toasted Italian bread.
kades

Sounds good. I see that you broke two different major religious dietary laws at once, though. Kehakte leber ( ashamed that my old brain can't remember the Hebrew for chicken liver, right now, but everyone knows the Yiddish:P) with prosciutto is Traif and Kibra firekh (Arabic) with wine is Haram. I shall give it a try!

Sounds good. I see that you broke two different major religious dietary laws at once, though. Kehakte leber ( ashamed that my old brain can't remember the Hebrew for chicken liver, right now, but everyone knows the Yiddish:P) with prosciutto is Traif and Kibra firekh (Arabic) with wine is Haram. I shall give it a try!
Good lord I did what?:LOL: That sounds just like me. I'm good at making a goof up here and there. Please forgive me and enjoy it anyway.:ROFLMAO:
kades

Back
Top Bottom