Chicken Breast Sautéed with Black Olive Tapenade, Pistachios & Muscatel ...
This Nemea, Greek Red Wine Country, specialty is absolutely delicious, and can be made with Muscatel Semi Sweet White Wine or Sicilian Marsala ... or White Wine ...
For 4 servings ...
1 cup bread crumbs ( day old baguette )
Evoo ( 100 Ml. )
3 ounces of unsalted butter
2 ounces Kalamata Black Olives or Olive Paste from Greece or Sicilia
2 tsps. fresh rosemary herb
3 garlic cloves, mashed with a knife at the side
1 tsp. black, rose and green peppercorns
2 ounces raisins
3 oz. unsalted Pistachios
100 Ml. Marsala or White Wine or Muscatel
Salt and pepper
2 medium spring onions
2 carrots or parsnips or turnips
200 Ml. Red Wine ( Greek or Italian )
2 Bay Leaves
1. combine the breadcrumbs, half the Evoo, butter, olive tapenade or paste, rosemary, garlic, pistachios, and peppercorns and set aside
2. soak the raisins in the Muscatel or white wine or marsala and set aside
3. season the breasts lightly with salt and pepper and set aside
4. heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions, carrot or parsnip or turnip until tender
5. push to the sides of the pan and add the chicken breasts and sauté on both sides until lightly browned and pour in red wine and add bay leaf.
6. bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer and cover for 30 mins.
7. remove the breasts from skillet
8. strain pan juices and pour strained juices back in skillet and cook over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 and thickened
9. remove the skin from the chicken and sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper
10. press an equal amount of the breadcrumb mixture over the top of each breast and place briefly under the grill or broiler until the crust is slightly crunchy and crispy and the remove and serve each breast with a generous amount of the sauce drizzled ...
Have Lovely Monday,
Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.