Chicken Perdue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Chicken and ice Casserole

Chicken and rice Casserole

Years ago back in the Late 70's Perdue chicken use to put little recipe tags with their chicken. There was one that used the following ingredients
minute rice uncooked
can of cream of mushroom soup
package of onion soup mix
and either water or milk
1 fryer cut up
placed the rice in the bottom
put the chicken on top
mix the rest of the ingedients and poured over the chix and rice and baked it
350 for 1 hour
it always came out great.

what I am getting to is I lost the receipe and I wrote to Perdue chicken and they tell me Sorry but it is no longer in their data base

Does anyone know this recipe and have the amounts of the ingredients?
thanks.

it sure would be quick, and I suppose if you're using a Perdue chicken with all the hormones and antibiotics they have, you don't mind all the additives in those cans of "stuff... " Personally, I haven't cooked like that since the 60's, before all the companies started cutting corners with cheap fillers. :(

It's too bad that kind of dish isn't "good food" any more, but the fact is, it's not.

I think you just rewrote it out for yourself, lets! I make this all the time. the only diff is that I use regular rice and cook it at 375.

I just dug out my receipe for this, 2 cups of rice, not instant, 2 cans of soup, we use 1 cream mushroom,1 can cream chicken, about 1 1/2 cans of water, just eyeball it, 350 for 1 1/2 hrs covered, if too soupy 20 to 30 minetes uncovered, keep an eye on it so it doesn't dry out too much. We use breasts and thights, you can use any cut up chicken peices or do it yourself. My receipe calls for 2 packs of onion mix, I think this is too salty, but that just me.

This is what my Mom would make for my birthday (on request) when I was growing up. She used the cream of mushroom soup with milk or water (1 can of each), 1 can full of instant rice, 1 packet of the dried onion soup mix and 1 small fryer, cut up. If you like more rice, increase it by the can for soup, dry soup and rice. The rice part was my fav!!!!! This works with pork chops too.

ChefJune said:
it sure would be quick, and I suppose if you're using a Perdue chicken with all the hormones and antibiotics they have, you don't mind all the additives in those cans of "stuff... " Personally, I haven't cooked like that since the 60's, before all the companies started cutting corners with cheap fillers. :(

It's too bad that kind of dish isn't "good food" any more, but the fact is, it's not.

You may like it or not; disagree or not; but this is the way a great part of America cooks. There have been many, many topics on DC about 'soup-can' casseroles; some just sharing recipes, and some w/tips on how to 'convert'. Bottom line is, it's a personal choice and I don't think there needs to be a judgement handed down. Just MVVVHO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom