"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 07-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Unhappy Chicken recipe idea

HI all,

i have a chicken breast in the fridge and have NO idea wat to do with it tonite ...
i try to avoid pasta......
does neone have any relatively quick and easy recipes pls....
thank u!
vish

Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Here's a few suggestions.

Sour Cream Chicken

Chicken breasts
sour cream
Italian bread crumbs

Place chicken in a baking dish. Spread each chicken with sour cream. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Chicken and Rice Casserole

5 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
2 cups rice
salt/pepper

Season chicken with salt/pepper. Brown chicken in a pan on both sides. (you don't have to cook it all the way through, it will finish in the oven) Cook rice as directed. Add cooked rice to a baking dish and mix in the cream of chicken and the cream of mushroom. Place chicken breasts on top of rice and bake at 350 for 20-25 mintues or until chicken is done.

Breaded Chicken Tenders

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ranch dressing
boneless skinless chicken tenders (you can use breasts and just cut them into tenders)
2 cups bread crumbs

Heat oven to 375. In a bowl combine milk and ranch dressing. Add chicken to mixture and coat. Place bread crumbs in a zip lock bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat. Place chicken on a sprayed baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Hey, JCook, did you forget something....

If you have a few hours to marinate it and also have other ingredients (for marinade, onion, bell peppers, tortilla etc.) or have time to go get them, fajita would be great.

Also another favourite recipe of mine is this chicken curry with coconut milk.

Sautè the chicken with diced onions, minced garlic and ginger, along with freshly ground coriander seed (toasted separately), turmeric and a pinch of cumin, nutmeg and cinnamon, when the chicken is nicely browned whisk in just enough coconut milk to cover the chicken add a pinch of ground cardamom, continue to cook until everything is blended in and the sauce is hot. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro).
*if you don't have the spices, ready made curry powder will do.

If all else fails, just pan sear or grill it with a dash of evoo, garlic, salt and pepper, very simple yet tasty and satisfying.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Cook

I purposely forgot the bacon wrapped chicken because they asked for quick and it takes 2 hours.

Thanks though.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Ah, you read more carefully than I do... I overlooked the quick bit as I was talking about marinating etc. myself... good call JCook!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Your welcome!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
Master Chef

Is your chicken breast a whole breast or halves (WITH bones & skin), or the boneless, skinless type? Makes a big difference with recipes.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

boneless and skinless..
Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Here's another idea...

(you can steam the chicken if you prefer, or any other method, as long as it is cooked...)

Man I do so many things with chicken breasts all those ideas just escape my mind right now... must be the heat!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCook
Here's a few suggestions.

Sour Cream Chicken

Chicken breasts
sour cream
Italian bread crumbs

Place chicken in a baking dish. Spread each chicken with sour cream. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
JCook, you are brilliant! I did this at my house last night and it was delish! Sooooo quick and easy, and the chicken came out moist and flavorful. This will definitely be an often used recipe around my house.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Valerie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
digigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None