Chicken Served w/ Shells & Cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
hey guys. Gonna make my patented shells & cheese dinner tonight. using a roux half velveeta half sharp cheddar with some pecorino romano, garlic and onion infused milk, little worchestershire, lil cayenne, teaspoon hotsauce, basically goodness.

I'd like to cook some chicken breast to serve alongside these shells.

Running pretty thin on ideas. How should i season this breast? I want to cook it by searing, then roasting it in the oven.

I wouild like to do some type of garlic chicken, so im open to that

also, Man, i want to use garlic on these chicken breasts but wont the **** garlic just burn up when i sear the breasts before i throw them in the oven?

Any ideas for tonights chicken dinner would be appreciated. Also i want to deglaze and make a sauce for this chicken, so ideas on that would be cool as well.

Cheers!!!!!

Marinate the breasts in some oil, white wine and some minced garlic cloves. Add some worcestershire and cayenne as well.

After a couple of hours, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels, brush off any bits of garlic and porceed as usual with the pan roasting.

Andy, gonna try it out your way.

You say 1-2 hours max?

Will 2 hours of white wine toughen the meat? Or is it lemon juice that toughens meat if you leave it too long?

Sorry I missed your dinner time. Neither the wine or lemon will effect the tenderness of the meat after 1 or 2 hours. No need to pierce the meat but you can if you want.

How did it come out?

I fixed pan-seared chicken quite often. I just S&P the chicken, and sear it quickly in a little olive oil, adding a bit of jarred minced garlic toward the end. Then deglaze with a little chicken stock, white wine, or even water, add a can of condensed golden mushroom soup, and let it simmer until tender.
You can vary this all sorts of ways...use a different soup, such as cream of onion, or cream of mushroom with garlic...add mushrooms, black olives, flat Italian green beans, baby carrots, potato wedges, artichoke hearts, caramelized onions,etc.
You can also top it with cheese of your choice, buttered breadcrumbs, or thinly sliced tomatoes, and finish off in the oven. The tomatoes would be a good choice to go with your macaroni and cheese.

Back
Top Bottom