05-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bombay, India
Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
I got this recipe from a friend who is a Culinary student. I'll be making it soon
Chicken Stroganoff 4 Portions
1 Boneless Chicken 600 Gms
2 Worcestershire Sauce 20 ML
3 Salt 10 Gms
4 Pepper 3 Gms
5 Mustard 3 Gms
6 Oil 30 Ml
7 Onions 150 Gms
8 Mushrooms 100 Gms
9 Capsicum 100 Gms
10 Gherkin 50 Gms
11 Garlic 5 Cloves
12 Sour Cream 100 Ml
13 Brown Stock 1 Lit
14 Tomato Puree 50 Gms
For the brown roux
15 Flour 20 Gms
16 Butter 20 Gms
Add these to the brown sauce
17 Mire Poix Of Carrots, Onions 100 Gms
18 Bayleaf 2 No
19 Black Peppercorns 5 No
Method : Preparation
- Cut the boneless pieces of chicken in to strips.
- Marinate with w.sauce, salt, pepper, mustard and oil. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onions thinly. Slice mushrooms. Peel and chop garlic
- Remove seeds of capsicum and cut into juliennes.
- Cut gherkins in to juliennes.
Making of Stroganoff
- Make a brown sauce with brown roux, tomato puree and brown stock.
- Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a thick bottomed saute pan.
- Add chopped garlic, sliced onions and saute..
- Add chicken pieces and continue sauteing till the chicken pieces get slightly brown.
- Add capsicum, sliced mushroom and saute.
- Add brown sauce, stir well. Bring to boil and simmer till the chicken gets cooked.
- Add gherkins, sour cream and mix well.
- Add salt and white pepper powder.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley and accompanied with buttered or boiled rice.