"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Old 08-20-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
I cook chicken breast halves in a sauté pan with no breading, just seasoning. They cook through fine. I don't see why you couldn't make the tenders thicker.

Also, I would suggest seasoning and cooking a smaller batch till you're happy with it. Then you can scale up the recipe.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by inchrisin View Post
I think it would come out too much like fried fish. Bland and boring.
Season the tenders and let them sit for a 1/2 hour or so before dipping and frying. I was thinking along the lines of tempura batter.

Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Ever tried using a batter instead of breading?
Not for tenders. I guess it would be fine. Just not traditional.

Originally Posted by inchrisin View Post
Are you doing this with an egg dip or flour beforehand?
Chef says dip in buttermilk first, then dredge.
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #14
Head Chef
I do my chicken parts very simple. I usually do wings or drumsticks, but I also do breast strips this way too. I season thoroughly first with the chicken just damp enough to hold the seasoning. I will sometimes use thyme and rosemary for a savory, traditional poultry seasoning, or cajun or jerk seasoning for a spicier strip. Most anything you like will work, but do your seasoning thoroughly before you bread or flour the chicken.

My favorite for wings and drumsticks is Savory Spice Shop Jamaican Jerk dry seasoning. I use it liberally and season all pieces before dredging in flour. After dredging I let them sit for about 10 minutes until the flour is tacky, Then into a frying pan with oil heated on medium heat. I don't deep fry, just normal fried chicken - oil about half way up the chicken parts - use less oil for smaller pieces. I will usually turn them a couple of times to get them evenly browned. Drain on a rack or paper towel and eat.

RPCookin is offline   Reply With Quote