Chicken Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
In bottom of a DO arrange 8 de-skinned chicken thighs, Pour 1/4 cup of honey over them, then sprinkle with 1 large chopped onion,then 3 minced cloves of garlic. Add 3, three inchs long cinnamon sticks and now sprinkle with the juice of 1 lemon and 2 Tea. of Turmeric and top all with 1/2 cup of dried apricot quarters. Cover and bake in a 350 oven about 2 hrs or til fork inserted into chicken goes in with ease. Remove the cinnamon sticks and serve with rice. Fruit salad would be nice so would a green one.
kades

Well, I will have Odette's chicken! :yum:

Ma, as usual this sounds great and TB loves chicken thighs. I will have to make it over the weekend. Can I use a roaster instead of a DO. Need to get me one that goes in the oven!

Ma, as usual this sounds great and TB loves chicken thighs. I will have to make it over the weekend. Can I use a roaster instead of a DO. Need to get me one that goes in the oven!

Laurie you can have all my chicken :LOL: I'll eat all the yummy toppings that Kades adds :yum:
Love her ideas, minus the chicken :angel:

I see nothing wrong with a roaster or even a heavy baking dish. Do you have Target there? If so I go a small DO put out by Giada and I love it heavy as it is. A cast iron skillet with lid would work too.
ma

Tell me what you all like and I'll see what I can find for you.
kades

All your recipes are good but I would love to see some of your pork, beef or lamb recipes :yum:
I made your crumbed chicken with pork chops :LOL: Great by the way!

And maybe a pudding that I can substitute the sugar :angel:

Hmmm...That sounds like something that would be good at the rendezvous. Cooked in a camp dutch oven....hmmmm. I might have to amble over the grocery store and pick up some thighs and honey.
Thanks!!

Hmmm...That sounds like something that would be good at the rendezvous. Cooked in a camp dutch oven....hmmmm. I might have to amble over the grocery store and pick up some thighs and honey.
Thanks!!
You're welcome kind sir:)
please be careful have fun and get those thighs and honey:yum:
kades

All your recipes are good but I would love to see some of your pork, beef or lamb recipes :yum:
I made your crumbed chicken with pork chops :LOL: Great by the way!

And maybe a pudding that I can substitute the sugar :angel:
This might be good if your guys like breakfast for dinner or lunch say on a week end.
We call eum Biscuit surprises
to 4 cups of biscuick in a med bowl stir mix and 1 cup of milk form a ball. Dough will be stiff and sticky. Turn onto lightly floured bread board. Knead 8-10 times til smooth.roll out dough to a rectangle shape make it about 1/3 inch thick. Spread 1/2 stick soft butter and then 1-lb.ground sausage over the dough. Sprinkle with1 cup of grated cheddar. Roll up jellyroll style. put on sprayed cookie sheet. Cover with parchment paper and put in frig 3-4 hrs. Take out of frig and cut into about oh 1/2 inch thick slices place on cookie sheet and freeze then put in sealable baggies to store in freezer til ready to use if using right away bake in preheated oven at 378 15-20 min. watch if your oven runs HOT. enjoy.
Sesame apple rings are great with pork or ham:core 3 red apples and cut 2-1/2 inch slices from the middle of each apple (dont peel) save rest of apple for something else like you salad brush apple slices on both sides with 1/4 cup melted butter and then coat with panko or bread crumbs Arrange in greased shallow baking dish then sprinkle with 1 tab. sugar or sugar sub and sprinkle on the sesame seeds bake in oven at 350 20 min. I'll look for some pork and beef ideas.
kades

I's love to see a pic of this if anyone makes it.
Sorry, Pac, I didn't see this before I served dinner tonight or I would have taken one for you. It was very tasty!

Thanks, Ma! We both loved this and it is something TB can eat without worrying about his intolerances. I will make it again!:)

Made this for supper last night. It was excellent! We used leg quarters instead of thighs but it sure didn't last long! Thank you for a new addition to my cooking repertoire.

Sorry, Pac, I didn't see this before I served dinner tonight or I would have taken one for you. It was very tasty!

Thanks, Ma! We both loved this and it is something TB can eat without worrying about his intolerances. I will make it again!:)

Shoot! :LOL:

This might be good if your guys like breakfast for dinner or lunch say on a week end.
We call eum Biscuit surprises
to 4 cups of biscuick in a med bowl stir mix and 1 cup of milk form a ball. Dough will be stiff and sticky. Turn onto lightly floured bread board. Knead 8-10 times til smooth.roll out dough to a rectangle shape make it about 1/3 inch thick. Spread 1/2 stick soft butter and then 1-lb.ground sausage over the dough. Sprinkle with1 cup of grated cheddar. Roll up jellyroll style. put on sprayed cookie sheet. Cover with parchment paper and put in frig 3-4 hrs. Take out of frig and cut into about oh 1/2 inch thick slices place on cookie sheet and freeze then put in sealable baggies to store in freezer til ready to use if using right away bake in preheated oven at 378 15-20 min. watch if your oven runs HOT. enjoy.
Sesame apple rings are great with pork or ham:core 3 red apples and cut 2-1/2 inch slices from the middle of each apple (dont peel) save rest of apple for something else like you salad brush apple slices on both sides with 1/4 cup melted butter and then coat with panko or bread crumbs Arrange in greased shallow baking dish then sprinkle with 1 tab. sugar or sugar sub and sprinkle on the sesame seeds bake in oven at 350 20 min. I'll look for some pork and beef ideas.
kades

This sounds devine!! Thanks Kades :)
Copied and pasted, only saw the reply now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom