Chicken w/ Penne - How To Make IT Tender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
okay guys im gonna be getting some good quality natural boneless skinless chicken breast and i want to serve it with penne parm olive oil black pepper lemon etc

question

How can i cook this chicken to make it as tender as possible?

indoor cooking is only option. i have a steel skillet and teflon skillets ceramic oven pans glass oven pan etc

i want it to be very tender chicken.

any ideas on how to cook it for this dish?

also what could be some good flavors to throw in to this dish? was thinking basil and sundried tomatoes.

Leg,

I have experimented with many recipes for this dish, and this is the closest I have come to matching the great taste in Boston area Italian restaurants.

Omit the broccoli, if it's not for you.

Lee

Ziti with Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese

1 stick of butter
1 c. white wine
1/3 c. olive oil
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken
1 Bunch of broccoli
1 lb. box of ziti's with lines
5 cloves of garlic, minced
Grated Romano cheese

Melt butter in deep skillet. Add oil and garlic. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low for 20 minutes. Cut broccoli into small bite size pieces and steam in microwave for 8 minutes. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in the butter, garlic and oil about five minutes. Remove chicken when done and saute broccoli in butter, garlic and oil for 5 minutes. Sprinkle broccoli with Romano cheese. Add cooked ziti with broccoli and chicken, and add more Romano cheese.

MLB:

All you can do to produce a tender chicken breast is to
NOT overcook it. The rest is up to the rooster and the hen.

If you're cooking the breasts whole, try pan roasting. You know the drill from other conversations on the subject. Sear each side for a couple of minutes each in a HOT pan. Pop them into a 400F oven for 10 minutes, then rest under foil. (the chicken, not you)

Back
Top Bottom