Chicken wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lately I have been frying the wings and then tossing them in a bowl with 1 good tablespoon of Grace's Jerk Seasoning and 1/4 cup melted butter...
k2-_634d2e7e-3d4d-4ef8-9933-0fb345249735.v1.jpg

I'm going to look for that. I like Grace's sauces.

THIS is what I use when I want jerk. I can use it as a rub, or mix it with oil to make a paste or make it a little thinner yet to brush on like a basting sauce. This blend is relatively mild. They also have an extra hot blend, but I buy the regular and then add more heat myself if I need it. I use this a lot - I have about a pound of it in my pantry right now.

It makes good wings just with a generous coating of the spice blend, then dredged in flour and fried crisp. Very tasty. :yum:

ratio6x5-600.jpg

Last edited:
The reason I make smouldering chicken is first, I like to create my own recipes, second, everyone at the house who ate it said it was wonderful, third, I don't care for Frank's hot sauce. I taste too much vinegar in it.

I can understand why others want to create their own hot wing, or hot chicken recipes.

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Here I am, 69 years and 4 months old, and I had my first wings a week ago! We went to a restaurant we go to often and I wasn't very hungry. They had wings as an appetizer so I ordered them as my meal and loved them. So much, than I ordered them again this weekend. I have never tried them before because DH makes fun of them, calling them chicken armpits.

Finally, someone who understands Buffalo wings. This is gospel! :yum:

Don't get me wrong, I love wings in just about any fashion (it's the best part of the chicken, in my humble opinion), but the above is truly the original.

I am with you on that. I will often buy a very large bag of them, cut off the tips, give them a good washing and throw them in the oven on a cookie sheet to bake. Then get comfy sitting and watching the TV and munching away on the chicken wings. No seasonings. Just plain. Grant you, there is not much meat, but what there is, is always very moist and juicy. By the time I get down to the last one, I am full. :angel:

I am with you on that. I will often buy a very large bag of them, cut off the tips, give them a good washing and throw them in the oven on a cookie sheet to bake. Then get comfy sitting and watching the TV and munching away on the chicken wings. No seasonings. Just plain. Grant you, there is not much meat, but what there is, is always very moist and juicy. By the time I get down to the last one, I am full. :angel:

I hope you save those tips for stock! Good flavor and high in gelatin content.

I hope you save those tips for stock! Good flavor and high in gelatin content.

Of course I do. In fact at the end of the month just before my big monthly shopping, I have more stock pieces in the freezer than food to cook and eat. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom