Chicken Wings (Hot Wings) to work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Growing up in northern North Dakota, we had to plug our cars into the block heaters every night! Remote starters weren't even a twinkle back then.

Didn't have remote starters when I was growing up either. Really glad we have them now. Never have to get into an ice cold or scorching hot car. When there is a foot of snow on my car, I remote start it. By the time I get out there, the snow slides right off the car.

Didn't have remote starters when I was growing up either. Really glad we have them now. Never have to get into an ice cold or scorching hot car. When there is a foot of snow on my car, I remote start it. By the time I get out there, the snow slides right off the car.

I'm just thankful to have a car that starts!

I remember the "good old days" when I had an old car that you had to slip into neutral and give it the gas every time you pulled up to a red light.

Just to keep this thread on track, I remember many times when I had a Styrofoam container of chicken wings next to me on the passenger seat of that old car as I headed to work! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Ah, the beauty of a remote car starter! Start you car from the warmth of your home and it automatically shuts off at a pre-set time.

Some states (like here) remote starters are illegal.

Though some states (like here) think making more laws solves problems, even if there isn't a problem to solve.

It is also illegal to let you car stand and idle if you are not with it.

Though some states (like here) think making more laws solves problems, even if there isn't a problem to solve.

Amazing!!!

We haven't had any snow so far. I don't know about the western half of the state. I can do very well without the snow or cold. As I age and get older, I mind the cold weather even more. It seems like the cold just gets into my bones and stays there. I love warmth. :angel:

Same here. I get cold just looking at a picture of snow! :LOL:

Ah, the beauty of a remote car starter! Start you car from the warmth of your home and it automatically shuts off at a pre-set time.

One of the reasons i bought my truck. I was on the edge and when I saw the salesman start it remotely I was sold.
I really like this option in winter and in summer.

So no Dodge pickups in your area? Its a standard item for my model.
BTW, how would they enforce the idling law. Do they go around to see if people are warming their cars in the morning? What about vehicles that come standard with remote start? Banned from sale? Banned from area?
What is the reasoning behind this most silly law? And what is the penalty?

And I sure hope it applies to the cops. They are biggest abusers of fuel of any person or persons in this country.
There is a cop that sits at the neighborhood convenience store talking to the owner. He sometimes is there for more than one hour. Car running outside the whole time. He does this almost daily.
I took his car number and wrote it down, but decided to leave it alone.

Last edited:

I invite those law makers to come and hang out while my car warms up.

I am not a big fan of food with heat. I used to like it, but with age, came a sensitive tummy also. So I just marinate my wings in soy sauce and then bake. That's all the seasoning I need for them. And I can eat them hot or cold. :angel:

Wrap the entire load of chicken wings in heavy duty foil and tuck them around the cars engine block. By the time you get to your work place, they will be hot and ready. Better yet, keep them in your engine compartment and when it comes time to serve the wings, idle your engine to heat them up. Hell, you could probably cook them that way.

I invite those law makers to come and hang out while my car warms up.

A couple years ago we had a cold snap.. temps in the teens for several days. They had the police spokesman on the radio reminding people and warning them they would write those tickets.

Crying shame it is. MD would be a fabulous place to live if it wasn't infested with politicians.

A couple years ago we had a cold snap.. temps in the teens for several days. They had the police spokesman on the radio reminding people and warning them they would write those tickets.

Crying shame it is. MD would be a fabulous place to live if it wasn't infested with politicians.

It's a good thing we don't have that law here. Last year the temps were at 0 or below for part of December, all of January and February, and part of March. It was the coldest winter in my lifetime. Lake Superior froze completely over for the first time in my lifetime. Such a law would have led to a civil uprising in Michigan. I mean, in Detroit, they have riots whenever a major sports team wins some kind of Championship. Up here in the U.P., we're more civil. But we also have more hunters with firearms.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

BTW, how would they enforce the idling law. Do they go around to see if people are warming their cars in the morning? What about vehicles that come standard with remote start? Banned from sale? Banned from area?

I'm guessing the goal is to reduce air pollution.

What comes standard with a vehicle varies from state to state according to the laws of the state. For example, in California, vehicles must have a special shield around the gas tank opening to prevent fuel fumes from adding to the air pollution and smog.

Last edited:
In my area the law is mainly about child safety and anti-theft. The benefit to environment is secondary. We have had cases where people leave cars idling while they run into a convenience store and when they come out the car is gone, last year one of the cars taken had a sleeping toddler in the back seat. To me it is just common sense not to leave an unattended vehicle running, I guess I'm just old fashioned and out of touch.

My car has a valet key, it will start and allow the car to be driven at 5 MPH for a mile and then will stop. And if it's too cold for me to hang out in the car, it's too cold for Shrek or any children/animals.My car idles, only to warm up and I am not far away while it idles. Usually cleaning snow/frost off the cars of my neighbors. Never leave my car to run while I run into a store.

And I sure hope it applies to the cops. They are biggest abusers of fuel of any person or persons in this country.
There is a cop that sits at the neighborhood convenience store talking to the owner. He sometimes is there for more than one hour. Car running outside the whole time. He does this almost daily.
I took his car number and wrote it down, but decided to leave it alone.

Sorry.. missed this.

We have Doge trucks. There is no law banning possession or sale, just use.

They do go through neighborhoods at certain times and look for idling vehicles without drivers. They write a ticket.

I have heard two reasons for this common sense law.

1) It reduces emissions.
2) It deters theft.

I won't get started on this.

When those automatic starters first came out, my granddaughter's boyfriend worked for a company that sold and installed them. So he installed one on his car as soon as they came in. He was upstairs in my apartment and it was cold out. He stood at the window and started the car. The police were just riding by. They stopped and got out to see what was going on. Her boyfriend would stop it and then start it. The police were really baffled. The kept walking around the car. They even tried the doors. They were locked. Finally Jeff went downstairs and got in the car. He had a heck of a time explaining what the car was doing and that he was responsible. He had to convince them he wasn't stealing the car. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom