Chicken with Grape Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Don't have time to read all the resonses so forgive me if I am repeating.

You can freeze them and use them to keep white wine chilled - You can even use them in red wine as most red wine is served too warm.

For green grapes you can mix sour cream and brown sugar until a nice caramel flavor and color. Mix in grapes. Refrigerate for the day. Serve in small bowls for dessert. You want to me sure and have plenty of the sour cream sauce to spoon over the grapes.

I'll post this whole recipe but you can get an idea on a sauce with grapes.

Chicken with Grape Sauce
A sauce with grapes goes well with these chicken breasts. Serve chicken recipe with rice or potatoes and a green salad.
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup chicken broth, fat free
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup seedless grapes, halved

Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly pound all over until well flattened. REpeat with remaining chicken breasts.

In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika; coat chicken with the mixture. In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add 2 pieces of chicken and cook, turning, until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes (refrigerate remaining chicken while cooking the first batch).

Remove to a hot platter and keep warm; add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and repeat with remaining chicken then remove to the heated plate with first batch.

Over medium-low heat, stir remaining 2 tablespoons flour into drippings in skillet. Add broth; cook and stir constantly until thickened. Strain through a mesh strainer and return to clean skillet. Add cream and grapes. Taste and add more salt if needed. Reheat gently; do not boil. Grapes should soften slightly. Stir in any juices from warm chicken. Pour sauce into a serving dish and top with the chicken.
Serves 4.

kitchenelf said:
Don't have time to read all the resonses so forgive me if I am repeating.

Chicken with Grape Sauce

Is this not Chicken (or Veal) Neopolian? I had this once several years ago at a restaurant in Los Angeles. It was yummy.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom