ChipChicken - My gift to the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
archiduc said:
I have no doubt that you find it acceptable but I would do it very differently.

Not everyone here is as sophisticated in their approach to cooking as you are, archiduc....why not try a little kindness and tact, so as not to discourage the rest of us?

Hi Karen,
Believe it or not, I`m entitled to express an opinion!

What I said was " I have no doubt you find it acceptable but I would do it differently"

What is offensive or objectionable in this? If one person, cook/chef, family etc., finds it acceptable to THEIR palate, then so be it. Hence, if you find it acceptable, do it, BUT, I would do it differently AND I retain my right to say that I would do it differently.

Please note that my post continued and outlined the way in which I would "do It" and did not end with your selective quote!

Whether you agree with "how I would do it" is entirely a matter for your palate (taste) and preference - but when we come to the latter there is no argument as each is individual! (PACE!). This brings me back to the first point I made: " I have no doubt that you find it acceptable but I would do it very differently". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Karen,
Believe it or not, I`m entitled to express an opinion!

What I said was " I have no doubt you find it acceptable but I would do it differently"

What is offensive or objectionable in this? If one person, cook/chef, family etc., finds it acceptable to THEIR palate, then so be it. Hence, if you find it acceptable, do it, BUT, I would do it differently AND I retain my right to say that I would do it differently.

Please note that my post continued and outlined the way in which I would "do It" and did not end with your selective quote!

Whether you agree with "how I would do it" is entirely a matter for your palate (taste) and preference - but when we come to the latter there is no argument as each is individual! (PACE!). This brings me back to the first point I made: " I have no doubt that you find it acceptable but I would do it very differently". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not speak for Karen, but the part I found objectionable in your post was the following...

Sorry, but I won`t be trying your "chicken tonite".

That is a belittling statement and really did not need to be said. You could have gotten your point across just fine with telling someone that you specifically will not make what they posted. That could be perceived as rude.

Next thing you know someone will be calling potato chips "crap in a bag" and outlining how they make their own homemade chips to use in a batter.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ermm:

I can not speak for Karen, but the part I found objectionable in your post was the following...

That is a belittling statement and really did not need to be said. You could have gotten your point across just fine with telling someone that you specifically will not make what they posted. That could be perceived as rude.

i totally agree, i found it sorta sounded mean, implying that blake knew nothing.

gotta be room though for everyone's opinion. maybe if no one asks your opinion, you should keep it to yourself.

babe:huh:

archiduc said:
What is offensive or objectionable in this?

You apparently misread my message, archiduc. I did not call your remarks offensive or objectionable. I merely said that kindness and tact might be preferable, so as not to discourage someone whose approach to cooking differs from yours. I have learned alot from many of your posts, archiduc, and no one disagrees that you have a right to express an opinion. This is a community of kind and generous people, and I believe the culture here is to encourage everyone, regardless of their skill level, to share ideas and learn from one another. Demeaning remarks discourage that kind of open dialogue. Like you, I also have a right to express an opinion, and that is my opinion.

May I also add that the OP has only made 7 posts to DC; his original post was on 6/25; your response was on 6/27; and he has not written a post to DC since. If he felt unwelcome here, then I think that is really too bad.

Last edited:

My apologies to all.
At no point was I trying to be belittling, insulting or rude to Blake. If you look at the full post you will see that I did not condemn it out of hand but went on to explain how I would do it - or I think I did!:ermm:

It would appear that my opening comment has elicited your disapproval. On the one hand, I see what your are all saying. Part of me feels that if I had used an exclammation mark and a smiley it might, just might, have been a tad more acceptable.

The problem is that in the UK, on another board, posters would know exactly what I mean as there is a product sold called "Chicken Tonite" and my opening statement would have been seen as _I_ meant it to be seen, namely a jocular statement given food debates here.

Clearly, this has not been the case here, and for that I apologise.

Archiduc

Apology accepted as far as I am concerned, archiduc. As you implied, we may in fact be dealing with some cultural misunderstandings as well. Hope you stick around because I know that you have much to contribute here. Also hope the OP comes back....

Apology accepted as far as I am concerned, archiduc. As you implied, we may in fact be dealing with some cultural misunderstandings as well. Hope you stick around because I know that you have much to contribute here. Also hope the OP comes back....

Hi MexicoKaren,
Thank you for that - I really do feel quite distressed at causing such a kerfuffle and hopefully this will put an end to the matter.

Mind you, if you want to see some _really_ heated debates you have to join the BBC Food Messageboard as well. At the moment we have one going (106 posts on the current thread and counting:rolleyes::ohmy: ) on Fois Gras and some others in the archives - meringues spring to mind but there may be other BBCFood messageboard poster who post here so I`ll say no more.:ROFLMAO:

All the best,
Archiduc

Thanks for the suggestion archiduc, but the company at BBC Food may be a bit too lofty for the likes of me, who lives in a world of carne asada, frijoles and tortillas!

Thanks for the suggestion archiduc, but the company at BBC Food may be a bit too lofty for the likes of me, who lives in a world of carne asada, frijoles and tortillas!

Hi Karen,
You do yourself a disservice!

Although it`s BBC, it is by no means all UK based posters! Just off the top of my head I could name posters from Spain, France, Belguim, Italy, Germany, Angola, South Africa, Venezuela, Australia, New Zealand and many from the USA.

Check it out and see what you think!

Regards,
Archiduc

Wow, i cant believe there are people out there who havent had chicken flavoured chips. I cant imagine life without them.
You need to get on a plane to Australia and come try some!
:)Im going to try that one Blake, from a fellow Aussie, its sounds like a great dish.my kids will love it, and YES with Chicken chips, my son also likes BBQ, and I like Chilli, so all will be good. Thanks again.;)

Hey Blake

From a fellow NSW'er, I wonder what it would taste like with Hamish and Andy's new Gravy flavoured potato chips or even the "The Works" chips, might bring this to the attention of my husband tonight whilst Friday night footie is on - already have the chicken out defrosting.

For all interested, "The Works" potato chips taste like a "Works" hamburger and the "Gravy" flavoured chips taste like brown onion gravy which was a flavour concocted by a couple of radio jocks in Sydney and the potato chip company came up with it for them. A mexican twist would be to use either Nachos or Supreme Cheese Doritos.

Was just the type of meal I was looking for when I don't feel well.

Thanks Blake

Gravy chips... wow!

Although I did see some tomato sauce ones the other day - no end to what they'll come up with :)

mmmm I love flavored chips though we don't get as many varieties as some of you. I used to bring back vinegar salt chips and dill pickle chips from Canada when I went there to visit relatives. Chips are a special treat at my house.
I was inspired by the post and made some potatoes, cooked chicken, and put them in a 9 x 13 casserole, then warmed milk, cream cheese, butter, dill and onions and poured that over the top. After baking until the potatoes are done, I'll top it with crushed chips. I'm looking forward to a little casserole tonight. ~Bliss

Back
Top Bottom