ChipChicken - My gift to the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blake2101

Assistant Cook
This has been an awesome recipe of mine for a few years, and if you ever need to impress someone this is the way to do it.
Apologies to anyone who is offended, but being an Aussie its all in grams and kilograms...and celcius :chef:
Ok here we go. All you need are the following ingredient:

500g chicken breast (you can do whatever you like with them but i like to cut them into strips)
2 eggs
a 200g of Crinkle Cut potato chips (not sure if they are refered to this way outside of Australia)

1 Crack the 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk.
2 Crunch up the chips, not too finely, but still pretty smashed up. It's up to you what flavour of chips to use. I generally use chicken or bbq. Empty the chips into another bowl
3 Coat the chicken in the eggs (add milk or flour if you feel its necessary) then coat them in the chips
4 Place the chipchicken on a baking tray or dish and bake at 200C (fan forced, 220 conventional) and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.

I've also had pleasant results in sprinkling grated parmesan over the baking tray, before going in the oven

And there we go. Try it tonight, and thank me tomorrow!

I'll thank you rght now. The chickens got half a bag of crisps this morning because I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do with them and they'd be stale by the weekend. This i happening quite a bit lately. Thanks for the idea!

Sound good, Blake. But great with the parm.

One question, You said, "It's up to you what flavour of chips to use. I generally use chicken or bbq."

I've never heard of "chicken flavored" chips. Is there really such a thing? What do they taste like? Is it spicy or..............I can't imagine.

I've never heard of "chicken flavored" chips. Is there really such a thing? What do they taste like? Is it spicy or..............I can't imagine.

I thought the same thing.

Regardless, there's lots of chip flavors available at the store...I think you can try any variety you like. Hmm....some jalepano and cheddar chips might be pretty good.

I made something like this a few weeks ago (at DH's suggestion), using jalapeno flavored chips. Wowser. Very very good. Only difference, I did the flour, then egg, then chips routine. AND, I fried them instead of baking. Next time, I'll follow your suggestion and bake. Plenty of fat in the chips....

I live in a very Irish neighborhood and the local convenience stores stock loads of Irish products. You would not believe the bizarre assortment of "crisp" flavors they sell. One store has boxes of crisps stacked floor to ceiling, offering about 25 different flavors. Several of them involve chicken.

Target sells buffalo chicken potato chips that are delicious.

Wow, i cant believe there are people out there who havent had chicken flavoured chips. I cant imagine life without them.
You need to get on a plane to Australia and come try some!

Ditto to the above! Plain, chicken, and salt and vinear are probably the 'staple' chip flavors here in New Zealand, along perhaps with sour cream and chives.

Odd, huh?

Well we do have chicken flavored crackers.
I wonder why no potato chips...... :huh:

We stopped in Pittsburgh on our last road trip. The Kmart there had steak flavored chips, ketchup flavored chips and A1 steaksauce chips. My sister brought back some ketchup flavored ones from her trip to India. They tasted alot like fries with ketchup with the wetness of sauce.

I dip chicken pieces in sour cream and then crushed Sour cream and onion flavored potato chips then put melted butter over the top ( not a lot of butter just about a tsp on each.

These are greast for cut up boneless chicken to for an appetiser or a party.
also have done them with cheez it crackers for a chessey flavor works great to.

This has been an awesome recipe of mine for a few years, and if you ever need to impress someone this is the way to do it.
Apologies to anyone who is offended, but being an Aussie its all in grams and kilograms...and celcius :chef:
Ok here we go. All you need are the following ingredient:

500g chicken breast (you can do whatever you like with them but i like to cut them into strips)
2 eggs
a 200g of Crinkle Cut potato chips (not sure if they are refered to this way outside of Australia)

1 Crack the 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk.
2 Crunch up the chips, not too finely, but still pretty smashed up. It's up to you what flavour of chips to use. I generally use chicken or bbq. Empty the chips into another bowl
3 Coat the chicken in the eggs (add milk or flour if you feel its necessary) then coat them in the chips
4 Place the chipchicken on a baking tray or dish and bake at 200C (fan forced, 220 conventional) and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.

I've also had pleasant results in sprinkling grated parmesan over the baking tray, before going in the oven

And there we go. Try it tonight, and thank me tomorrow!

Hi Blake,
Sorry, but I won`t be trying your "chicken tonite".

I have no doubt that you find it acceptable but I would do it very differently.

To begin with, I would mix plain flour with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a touch of freshly grated black pepper and dip the strips of chicken or chicken goujons in this. Why not add salt to the mix - because freshly grated parmesan should contain sufficient salt. Next, coat the chicken strips in beaten egg and then VERY, VERY, WELL CRUSHED CHIPS, dip again in egg and crushed chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the coating to "set" before frying in deep fat. Serve with a lemon flavoured mayonnaise, garlic flavoured mayonnaise or tomato and chilli flavoured salsa or other mayo/salsa depending upon the flvaour of the chips used.

All the best,
Archiduc

Next, coat the chicken strips in beaten egg and then VERY, VERY, WELL CRUSHED CHIPS,

That's an interesting idea. When I make a smilar version of this, I usually only roughly crunch the chips. I'll try really smashing them up next time.

As an aside, Blake, I'm kinda not sure whether this is *your* gift to the world, as I'd be pretty confident it's been done by many people in many countries before! But it is a nice, easy recipe, and your post reminded me that I hadn't made it for ages. I'll have to try it again sometime soon :)

Back
Top Bottom