"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 12-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I like the skin on with preparations that result in dry crispy skin. I do not like it in dishes where the skin ends up soft and wet.
me, too!

I almost always cook chicken with the skin and bones, except for the few occasions I make a recipe with chicken supremes.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Head Chef

I am a minority I guess where I don't like chicken with skin. Growing up in India we never cooked chicken with the skin on. Perhaps that's the reason I still can't palate chicken with skin - fried, roasted or whatever. I will eat a roasted chicken but will get rid of the skin and then I have nothing but bland chicken which again I don't like.

I am used to tandoori type chicken or whole chicken where the skin is out (it's a painful process to skin it but I do it). I then marinate it with lime juice, ginger and other aromatics and leave it overnight. I normally prepare some type of sauce (thick yogurt with spices) or cilantro and cashewnut cream or some other type of tomato based sauce and pour it over the chicken. Off it goes in the oven and makes a very delectable chicken which is pretty moist.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
Senior Cook

If I'm frying, grilling or roasting, it's always skin-on but I use a lot of skinless chicken in other recipes/preparations.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I like the skin on with preparations that result in dry crispy skin. I do not like it in dishes where the skin ends up soft and wet.
Ditto!!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #15
Senior Cook

I am cooking spanish food tonight and i want to know if there is an advantage to keep the skin on , will it make the chicken more moist and help create a sauce with the peppers and the onions that i am frying the chicken with.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #16
Master Chef

nick.......cook it anyway that you like.........the end.......as you can see everyone has their personal prefs...........I make the most boring chicken breasts ever when I'm by myself........and I steam them in a fish poaching pan with their skins on but I remove the fat when I eat them or use the meat in a soup, sandwich, casserole, etc.........most people don't care.....they just appreciate being invited and hanging out with their host......
Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #17
Senior Cook

cheers expat are you still in kazakhstan. How is it ?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #18
Master Chef

yeah, Nick, but I've been here in Houston, TX before Thanksgiving........will go back to KZ at the end of January............ thanks for asking.............hope that you're getting out and about a bit......I know that you're very busy........wishing you a wonderful holiday getwaway..........debs

Tags
None