Coronation chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My submission is the version I found (I'm afraid I'm not very good at putting text on the computer). I have to say, that the red wine was in the recipe I found, and I thought it seemed a bit strange. Would you actually put in white wine, or would you change a thing or to to make the recipe more appealing?

Do let me know how you get along with it, what you did, and how it worked. I'd be interested to know. An Italian would put a recipe like that in the trash bin!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
To be honest I've never thought about wine in C/chicken. If I did use it ( perhaps to thin down the sauce?) I'd probably use white wine - or perhaps white vermouth?

To be honest I've never thought about wine in C/chicken. If I did use it ( perhaps to thin down the sauce?) I'd probably use white wine - or perhaps white vermouth?

I love cooking with wine and sometimes I put it in food. ;)
When I made C/chicken a few days ago, I used white wine and we both thought it was delicious. The story didn't end well in the middle of the night after dinner. Unlike some people, I'll spare everyone from too much information! Let's just say, I promised the Sous Chef I won't make it again. :ermm:

I feel the need to head to Costco for a rotisserie chicken...It's a three hour drive...

I feel the need to head to Costco for a rotisserie chicken...It's a three hour drive...

Thats a shame. Our issue is we have no Publix around us except for several stores about 15-20 miles away range.
I will drive that far for fresh baked bread when I must.
But I don't like too!

Costco is 10 miles or more, but its all freeway driving for the most part.

Our closest grocery store is 20 miles away on 2 lane blacktop. The closest decent store (Safeway) is an hour away.

10 miles to the closest, about an hour to Scottsbluff, Nebraska. I've only been to the SuperWallyworld for groceries, they tell me there are other grocery stores, but can't be seen from the highway. I should explore the Bluffs better...:rolleyes:

10 miles to the closest, about an hour to Scottsbluff, Nebraska. I've only been to the SuperWallyworld for groceries, they tell me there are other grocery stores, but can't be seen from the highway. I should explore the Bluffs better...:rolleyes:

We have a Walmart (hate that place for food) and 2 smaller grocery stores (okay and preferred to Walmart, but limited stock) 20 minutes away in Sterling. That's why we will do the hour each way to Sidney NE to Safeway about once a month. We watch the ads online and go when there are a few things that we want.

We have a Walmart (hate that place for food) and 2 smaller grocery stores (okay and preferred to Walmart, but limited stock) 20 minutes away in Sterling. That's why we will do the hour each way to Sidney NE to Safeway about once a month. We watch the ads online and go when there are a few things that we want.
"Ecky-thump" as they say in Lancashire! And I complain about a 15 minute walk to the nearest shops!

"Ecky-thump" as they say in Lancashire! And I complain about a 15 minute walk to the nearest shops!

LOL... to walk to the closest store would be a full day, and that's just to get there. It would be another day to get home again, and that's without anything to carry. There was a time when Fleming had a couple of grocery stores, a drug store - even a movie theater. That was back in the 1920's, when a lot of folks around here were still in horse-drawn wagons.

I know that my father-in-law has no memory of the drug store being open since he moved to Fleming in about 1947. He is 93, and grew up just 6 miles east of here in Daley. Grocery stores have tried to make it a couple of times in the last 30 years, but never lasted long. We have a pub and restaurant on Main Street that's open 4 days a week, the Farmer's Co-op grain elevator where we get our gas (petrol), and that's it for retail in town.

This is my wife's grandfather - he farmed with horses until he retired and passed the farm to my father-in-law about 1949:

i-D2ZvnsG-L.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom