- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup sliced 1-inch green onions
- Lemon slices, if desired
- Fresh parsley, if desired
Combine milk and egg in small bowl. Combine crushed corn flakes, flour, salt and pepper in 9-inch pie pan. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness by pounding between sheets of waxed paper. Dip chicken into milk mixture, then flour mixture, turning to coat.
Melt 4 tablespoons
butter in 10-inch skillet; add chicken and garlic. Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown (5 to 6 minutes). Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings in pan; stir until butter melts. Stir in lemon juice. Add mushrooms and green onions. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (2 to 4 minutes). Spoon over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.