Crispy Fried Chicken Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
hey guys...i am making some fried chicken for dinner tonight.

i have drumstix (real..not the lilttle mini stix) and breast tenders.

my question is the difference in cooking time between the stix and the tenders? what should they be? can i do them together or is 2 batches better?

any input is greatly appreciated!! :)

Dark meat always takes a little longer to cook, and since they are on the bone, that might add a couple extra minutes, as well. Unless you have a lot of them, you can do them all in one pan, just put the drumsticks in first. And don't crowd the pan, or your chicken will steam instead of fry.

I agree with June. The tenders will cook in just a few minutes. I would add them to the pan when the drumsticks are almost done.

can you all give me aprox. times for each?? say 15 mins for drumstix and then another 10 for tenders (making a total of 25 mins for stix)??

i have never done this b4 so i have no point of reference!!

The best way to know if your chicken is thoroughly cooked is to temp it with an instant read thermometer. You have to cook it to 165. Be careful you don't touch the bone when you temp. Do insert it into the thickest part.
Using the time method is okay, but not often accurate. Too many times you can be off a bit in either direction. Since this is your first tackle at it, you'd be better to be cautious this way.

Hope you enjoy the chicken.

I make Fried Chicken Drumsticks for the kids all the time. I usually end up cooking them for about 15 - 20 minutes, and check that with a probe thermometer.

I've done Chicken Tenders once, and it only took about 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom