Crock-pot Lemon chicken help....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found something I want to make, but I have no lemonade concentrate in the freezer.
Here's the recipe...
Cooks.com - Recipe - Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
Any thoughts how I could make this work with lemon juice, water and sugar?
Or a better recipe WITHOUT the concentrate?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't work since lemonade concentrate is lemon juice and sugar. You can make your own concentrate. I'm wondering about the sugar both in the concentrate and added brown sugar. Wouldn't you wind up with a sweet chicken dish?

yes thats what i'm looking for... sweet and lemony.... then the kids will eat it.
just not sure how to get the lemonade down to concentrate. I suppose I could just mix lemon juice and sugar til it tastes right...

Try this, it's a recipe for homemade lemonade concentrate. But it seems to me that if you have to go out and buy all those lemons, you might as well just pick up a can or two of frozen concentrate.

In a saucepan, stir together 1½ cups of white sugar (375 mL) and 1 cup (250 mL) of water. Heat until the mixture boils and the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
Meanwhile, juice 8 medium-sized lemons until you get 1½ cups (375 mL) of juice. You may need to strain your juice if you have pits or too much pulp. Once the sugar syrup has cooled a bit, add the juice, stir, and then put in a plastic container with a lid in the freezer. This is about 3 cups (750 mL) worth of concentrate. Freeze solid. Can be stored for up to 6 months.​
On a hot sunny day when you feel like a lovely drink, defrost the concentrate. To make a big jug, mix the entire 3 cups (750 mL) of concentrate with 3 cups (750 mL) of water. Fill glasses 3/4 full, and top with ice cubes or fizzy soda water. To make only one glass, combine equal parts concentrate with water, and keep the rest of the concentrate in the fridge for later.​

I'm sure plain ol lemon juice from a bottle would do fine.

Thank you....
anything that has to do with being in the kitchen could never be as much bother to me as running to the grocery store for 1 item.

Back
Top Bottom