CrockPot Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie1966

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if anyone has made a chicken in the CrockPot. If anyone has can you please help me out.

I do it quite often...it's so quick and easy!
Just rub your chicken with seasoning you like and put in the crockpot with a can of condensed soup, your choice. I like golden mushroom, cream of chicken, or just plain chicken broth (add seasonings), but there are all sorts of possibilities. You can even use BBQ sauce. Let it cook on low all day. (Actually, it gets done in my crockpot in 4-6 hours.)
When you get ready to eat, you can bone it and eat with pasta or rice, or use it in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.
Or, you can make some mashed potatoes and peas or corn, and just eat it off the bone.
Or pull off the meat, and have a chicken sandwich. It's all good.

Last edited:
I agree, cooking a chicken in the crock pot is soooo convenient and effortless. I personally like a golden-skinned chicken (if you leave the skin on), and someone once suggested to broil the chicken for 15-20 minutes before placing in the crock. Also, a quick tip to prevent soggy botton chicken, is to use a rack in the crock, or if you don't have one, make several golf ball sized balls out of foil and put under the chicken! :)

Back
Top Bottom