"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have had one gall bladder attack and was in the ER for more than 12 hours. They had to call my son to act as my medical proxy. They had to put me under and I could not consent to any procedures. They had to zap the stone stuck in my duct. They were considering taking me to the OR but they were having trouble stabilizing me. The culprit? I had eaten one mouthful of Chinese Fried Rice. And that brought me into a day of painful misery. I haven't eaten Chinese food since and my frying pans cry with loneliness every time I walk by them. A lesson learned the hard way.
They feel the msg in Chinese and Mexican foods both contributed to my kidney problems and having to put in 2 different perm caths. YUK you're right live and learn.
kades

Old 10-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
They feel the msg in Chinese and Mexican foods both contributed to my kidney problems and having to put in 2 different perm caths. YUK you're right live and learn.
kades
Eeks! I had no idea! We usually ask them to hold the MSG at our Chinese place, would not have thought to ask at our Mexican place.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
kades
Ever since I deliberately decided to get away from prepared foods that are loaded with preservatives, I feel so much better. I have become an avid label reader. I have very few can goods. Mostly tomatoes for mac and cheese.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Ever since I deliberately decided to get away from prepared foods that are loaded with preservatives, I feel so much better. I have become an avid label reader. I have very few can goods. Mostly tomatoes for mac and cheese.
I try to use fresh veggies, frozen if there is something I want that's out of season. not much red meat,Love fish,pork, chicken gives me the gag's sooooo very little chicken. Love beans,rice and low carb pasta. That;s me. San marzano tomatoes,and fresh cheese but the cheese is limited per day.
kades

Tags
chicken