Crumby Chicken TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
In a mixing bowl mix 2 cups bread crumbs,1/4 cup minced parsley,3-cloves crushed garlic,salt and crushed black pepper. Now mix 1 cup melted butter, 1-tab. Dijon, and 2-tea. Worcestershire. Dip each of 8 whole chicken breasts into butter then into crumbs make sure to coat all sides then place into foil lined baking dish just large enough to handle the chicken in 1 layer. put the rest of the butter over the chicken, bake at 350 uncovered for about 1 hour or you know your oven how it cooks ht, med just check the juices and make sure they run clear.Place the chicken on a warm pretty serving platter garnish with a combo of chies and parsley you've chopped and mixed together. this is yummy give it a try.
kades

In a mixing bowl mix 2 cups bread crumbs,1/4 cup minced parsley,3-cloves crushed garlic,salt and crushed black pepper. Now mix 1 cup melted butter, 1-tab. Dijon, and 2-tea. Worcestershire. Dip each of 8 whole chicken breasts into butter then into crumbs make sure to coat all sides then place into foil lined baking dish just large enough to handle the chicken in 1 layer. put the rest of the butter over the chicken, bake at 350 uncovered for about 1 hour or you know your oven how it cooks ht, med just check the juices and make sure they run clear.Place the chicken on a warm pretty serving platter garnish with a combo of chies and parsley you've chopped and mixed together. this is yummy give it a try.
kades

Do you mean breast halves or do you really mean whole breasts (16 breast halves)? Are they skin on/bone in or boneless/skinless?

Do you mean breast halves or do you really mean whole breasts (16 breast halves)? Are they skin on/bone in or boneless/skinless?

sorry I didn't make myself clear, It's getting to be a habit with me lately. I meant 8 whole breasts boned and halved skin removed.Sounds odd HUH? Seems to me it should be 8 pieces of boned skinned chicken breasts I just make 8 pieces of white meat no skin. I'll ask the person who gave me the recipe what she does.
kades

Last edited:
kades

This sounds so good Kades! Going to try it with pork chops since I don't eat chicken, sure it will work :)

I am sure it would be lovely with pork chops :yum:

Kylie, just a word of caution. As you know, the gall bladder handle any fats we eat. That includes fried foods. Now that Steve no longer has his, you should ask his doctor about eating fried foods. Baked may be better for him. I realize that you may have to alter some of your recipes, but it will keep Steve healthy for you. :angel:

Kylie, just a word of caution. As you know, the gall bladder handle any fats we eat.

The gall bladder is just a storage tank for bile from the liver. You can still digest everything normally without one. I'm not advocating eating a ton of fried stuff, but it really is no different than when you HAVE a gall bladder. Same rules of logic apply. I've been without mine now for 5 years and my diet is unchanged.

Kadesma, this recipe looks very much like one I make quite regularly. I add in some parmesan cheese to the breading. DELICIOUS! Thanks for reminding me of this one. I will make it as soon as I'm off evening shifts.

Going to try it with pork chops for sure :)
Pork chops sound great. I have several and will try it this way as well. I understand about the chicken I'm not so found of it myself and after I have to handle it for others I'm off it for weeks at a time YUK
kades (ma)

The gall bladder is just a storage tank for bile from the liver. You can still digest everything normally without one. I'm not advocating eating a ton of fried stuff, but it really is no different than when you HAVE a gall bladder. Same rules of logic apply. I've been without mine now for 5 years and my diet is unchanged.

Kadesma, this recipe looks very much like one I make quite regularly. I add in some parmesan cheese to the breading. DELICIOUS! Thanks for reminding me of this one. I will make it as soon as I'm off evening shifts.
Alix adding parm is such a good idea. I don't know why I didn't use some but I will next time.Thanks for reminding me.
kades

Kylie, just a word of caution. As you know, the gall bladder handle any fats we eat. That includes fried foods. Now that Steve no longer has his, you should ask his doctor about eating fried foods. Baked may be better for him. I realize that you may have to alter some of your recipes, but it will keep Steve healthy for you. :angel:
Addie,
this recipe is Baked NOT fried. Do you think this would work for people without gallbladders?
kades

Pork chops sound great. I have several and will try it this way as well. I understand about the chicken I'm not so found of it myself and after I have to handle it for others I'm off it for weeks at a time YUK
kades (ma)

I've been avoiding the 2 pkts of chicken left in my freezer for weeks :LOL:
I used to love chicken but it seems after each pregnancy I'm put off for years :wacko:
My poor family, it's their favourite and I make it about 3 times a month. Most times I can't even eat after cooking it :LOL:

Addie,
this recipe is Baked NOT fried. Do you think this would work for people without gallbladders?
kades

Yes, if it is baked. The bile that the gall bladder produces, helps break down the fat. By not frying, it is much easier to digest. :angel:

Yes, if it is baked. The bile that the gall bladder produces, helps break down the fat. By not frying, it is much easier to digest. :angel:
I'm glad of that Addie. Thanks I'm learning all the time.
kades

I'm glad of that Addie. Thanks I'm learning all the time.
kades

The minute you eat fat, your gall bladder produces the bile from the liver to break it down. If you are unfortunate enough to have gall stones, sometimes when the gall bladder goes to release the bile, a stone will try to go with it. If it is big enough, it will get stuck in the duct and then you are in a lot of pain. If the gall bladder is troublesome enough, then you have it removed. You now eat fat, and you get a major case of Gerd. (Heartburn) So the best thing is to try to avoid foods that are fried.

BTW, most cases of gall bladder distress seen in Emergency Rooms are from eating Chinese Food. And it affect women more than men. Think about it. Almost all their food is fast cooked in oil. And the biggest offender is fried rice. :angel:

The minute you eat fat, your gall bladder produces the bile from the liver to break it down. If you are unfortunate enough to have gall stones, sometimes when the gall bladder goes to release the bile, a stone will try to go with it. If it is big enough, it will get stuck in the duct and then you are in a lot of pain. If the gall bladder is troublesome enough, then you have it removed. You now eat fat, and you get a major case of Gerd. (Heartburn) So the best thing is to try to avoid foods that are fried.

BTW, most cases of gall bladder distress seen in Emergency Rooms are from eating Chinese Food. And it affect women more than men. Think about it. Almost all their food is fast cooked in oil. And the biggest offender is fried rice. :angel:
Yikes, and Fried rice is my favorite Chinese.
kades

Yikes, and Fried rice is my favorite Chinese.
kades

I have had one gall bladder attack and was in the ER for more than 12 hours. They had to call my son to act as my medical proxy. They had to put me under and I could not consent to any procedures. They had to zap the stone stuck in my duct. They were considering taking me to the OR but they were having trouble stabilizing me. The culprit? I had eaten one mouthful of Chinese Fried Rice. And that brought me into a day of painful misery. I haven't eaten Chinese food since and my frying pans cry with loneliness every time I walk by them. A lesson learned the hard way. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom