08-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Crunchy Turkey Strips (with Salsa Ranch Dip!)
Heres another interesting one I found.
250 g Boneless Turkey breasts or steak 1/2 lb
(cut into strips)
125 mL Breadcrumbs, dried 1/2 cup
5 mL (each) Paprika, garlic powder, salt, 1/2 tsp (each)
coriander and cumin
85 mL All-purpose flour 1/3 cup
250 mL Salsa Ranch Dip 1 cup
60 mL Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup
To make Salsa Ranch Dip:Mix your favourite brands of ranch dressing and salsa together (more or less salsa, depending on your taste), blend on low speed until smooth. Refrigerate.
To make Crunchy Turkey Strips:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut turkey into 1/2 inch (1 cm) wide strips and keep in refrigerator.
3. Mix together breadcrumbs, cheese and seasonings in a large plate.
4. Place flour in separate bowl.
5. Measure out ˝ cup of Salsa Ranch Dip into another bowl. You may wish to add a small amount of water or milk at this point for even coating of the turkey strips. Set the other ˝ cup (125 mL) of dip aside.
6. To bread the turkey strips, dip into the diluted Salsa Ranch Dip mixture to coat. Dip into the flour. Dip into mixture again and then into the breadcrumbs.
7. Place turkey strips in a single layer on to prepared baking sheet. Brush with a little melted butter, oil or cooking spray.
8. Bake in centre of oven for 5-8 minutes. Turn and bake for another 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot with remaining Salsa Ranch Dip
Serves 6. Per serving: Calories: 150.3; Protein: 13.1 g/35.7%; Fat: 4.7 g/28.8 %; Carbohydrate: 13 g/35.4%
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams