Curried Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
-chicken pieces (i have used leftover cornish game hen, poached chicken breast tenders, regular chicken breast; lots of different kinds. i have found that a blend of white and dark meat works really well.)
-mayonnaise
-heavy cream, optional
-seedless cucumber, peeled and seeded, then diced (there are still some little seeds in them)
-green curry paste
-garlic powder, onion powder, seasalt, & fresh-ground black pepper

either cube or mince chicken. (i just throw mine in my Magic Bullet now, but i'd assume a food processer would work just the same. it comes out like a spread or a dip this way and is delicious.) add mayo, about 2 tbsp. to start, then more as needed. it's best with less. add cream if desired, especially if you're using only breast meat. add a healthy amount of curry paste, but not so much as to overwhelm the taste of the other ingredients. season. blend well and adjust seasonings, adding cream or mayo if necessary. stir in the cucumber. chill.
i like to scoop the minced or the chicken salad made in the Magic Bullet up with baby carrots, and to have it with mango cubes and grapes. it is good on toast and bread, too.
the cubed salad is best on bread or toast, in a pita half, or just as is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom