Cutlets with cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use Farmer's cheese. It has a bit of sweetness to it. Consistency of a ricotta type. That is the type that the Polish people in this area use.

No, you really cannot use a hard cheese in this. Ricotta is Italain- I used that as an example of the texture of farmer's. A soft cheese- of another kind might substitute but not be quite the same.

You could use cottage cheese for a similar result, I am sure. Good luck with it.

Cheese

I know a cottage cheese from Poland. How does it look in your country? Do you have a recipe for your cottage cheese?

I know a cottage cheese from Poland. How does it look in your country? Do you have a recipe for your cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese:

1 gallon of milk
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt

Heat the milk to almost boiling.
Add the vinegar.
Stir in the salt.
Allow the milk to cool to room temperature.
Drain the whey and retain the curds.

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres
0.5 US cups = 118.294118 ml

I usually only make 1 quart (quarter gallon) or less at a time.

Commercially, it is often made with rennet instead of vinegar, but I don't know the recipe.

Thanks a lot

My grandmother makes the cottage cheese in the following way. Milk straight from the cow is kept in a cool place for three days. Then when the milk becomes sour, it must be heat and strain. What do you think about it? Also I can buy a cottage cheese in shops.

My grandmother makes the cottage cheese in the following way. Milk straight from the cow is kept in a cool place for three days. Then when the milk becomes sour, it must be heat and strain. What do you think about it? Also I can buy a cottage cheese in shops.

I would call that quark. As I wrote in a previous post, I suspect that was what was in the original recipe. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom