Dinner tonight, Greek chicken w/potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sedagive

Senior Cook
This was the first time I made this and it turned out very well. I marinated chicken breasts in equal parts lemon juice and olive oil, plus lemon zest, salt, white pepper, a tablespoon of dried oregano and some granulated garlic, overnight in a ziplock bag. After I took the chicken out of the bag, I put the potatoes in there and coated them with the marinade. Everything into pans, covered, for 45 minutes, then uncovered for 45 minutes at 375 degrees (these were huge breasts). You can see in the photo how juicy the chicken was. I will make this again.

Attachments

• greekchicken 001.jpg
    greekchicken 001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 254
  • greekchicken 002.jpg
    greekchicken 002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 198
  • greekchicken 003.jpg
    greekchicken 003.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 221
  • greekchicken 004.jpg
    greekchicken 004.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 213
Looks very tasty! I love when potatoes get nice and brown like that! Plus Greek chicken is my all time fav!

Looks absolutely delicious!!

Can you estimate your marinade amounts versus pounds of chicken?

I had 6 breasts and they were some of the biggest I've ever seen. I got them at Costco. If I had to guess, I would say 4 to 5 pounds. I used a half cup of olive oil, a half cup of lemon juice plus the zest, about one and a half tablespoons of oregano, a teaspoon of white pepper. I salted the potatoes and chicken just before I put everything in the oven. You'll definitely want to cut back on the cooking time if the chicken pieces are smaller than mine. Hope this helps. :)

Looks mighty tasty and easy. I bet they'd be good grilled too, so I wouldn't have to turn the oven on.
Thanks for the pics. I'm not good envisioning recipes, so they help alot. Especially with presentation.

Back
Top Bottom