Duck fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefEdie

Assistant Cook
Can anyone help me with how to clarify duck fat. I simmered it like clarifying butter but then gave up and now I have a cup of duck fat that has 3 layers. Is the center layer (looks cloudy) a good layer also? I realize the bottom layer is trash. Thank you in advance.

The commercial duck fat I use also separates, with the bottom layer being that heavily clouded layer. I assume that the same as the second layer of yours. It's a substantial portion of the package, so I would say yours is fine.

am i the only one who had the knee jerk reply "wabbit fat" when i read the title to this thread?

and i hope "jam funnel" isn't part of the instructions, but rather what's it's used for...

Last edited:
am i the only one who had the knee jerk reply "wabbit fat" when i read the title to this thread?

and i hope "jam funnel" isn't part of the instructions, but rather what's it's used for...

Anyone ever tell you that yer a trouble maker? :)

I have a duck for V-Day and broke it down today.

I got a nice size bowl of skin to render into that glorious golden nectar that is known as duck fat.

30377-albums851-picture4504.jpg

That is my 4" petty in front, for scale purposes... and well, it is cool too. :)

Back
Top Bottom