Duck livers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnL

Head Chef
Hello all,
I've got some livers from 3 ducks and two turkeys from yesterdays feast.
Any ideas as to how to use them? I love fried chicken livers, but would really like to try something else.
Thanks,
John.

John, when I dispatched my turkey the other day, I set the livers aside and dredged in season flour and cooked in bacon fat. Tasty! I know it is fried, but dang.... hard to fix something thats not broke!

Another way I have tried them and this is not very practical unless you are baking a turkey/chicken/duck.. .what ever... but towards the end of cooking the birds, I toss the livers into the drippings in the bottom of the pan for about the last 10 to 20 minutes of cooking.... oh yum!!!

What the heck sattie, Fried livers aren't original? :LOL:I love fried giblets, hearts, gizzards, livers.....
They're all good. I was just trying to broaden my horizons a bit.

Oh, I'm with you on that. I too get the desire to try something different. The other thing I thought about was pate??? I have never made it, but have been curious about it. John, those turkey livers were soooo tender and tasty!!! Wished I had more!

Well, I know this is probably a day late and a dollar short, but how about some Cajun Dirty Rice?

I'm sorry guys, but the second you mentioned liver and bacon in the same sentence any ideas I had flew out the window.... anyone got a bib I could use??

You don't have enough for an organ pie unless you make a mini, never made pate either, have heard of it chopped up and used in the stuffing.... that's about the best I can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom