Duck Stock Uses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inchrisin

Senior Cook
I recently make a duck recipe and I had the rest left over to make stock. I made about 2 quarts of duck stock and I'm not really sure what to do with it. It's got a great flavor with a little ginger and orange to it already. Any ideas of what to use this in? I'm thinking it would work really well a corned beef recipe or something pretty heavy.

Ooh, duck barley soup! Maybe reduce it a bit and use in an Asian stir fried dish. A pork stew.

Sounds yummy, whatever you might use it in. You can freeze some.

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear the responses too Inch, and those are good ones Dawg.

I still have that frozen duck with great responses on how to cook it and when I take the plunge (pun intended) to cook it, I'll be looking for uses for duck stock too.

I wouldn't use it with corned beef though.

Last edited:
I recently make a duck recipe and I had the rest left over to make stock. I made about 2 quarts of duck stock and I'm not really sure what to do with it. It's got a great flavor with a little ginger and orange to it already. Any ideas of what to use this in? I'm thinking it would work really well a corned beef recipe or something pretty heavy.
(With apologies to the Marx Brothers) Duck soup. You could use it in any dish that needs stock if you are anxious to use it up quickly.

Cassoulet, casseroles or reduce it to a demi-glace and freeze in small quantities for use when making sauces for duck or to liven up a mass-produced chicken which is a bit tasteless.

Could you can it for future use? (I'm not into the technicalities of canning so don't know if it would be safe to can stock.)

I'm interested to hear the responses too Inch, and those are good ones Dawg.

I still have that frozen duck with great responses on how to cook it and when I take the plunge (pun intended) to cook it, I'll be looking for uses for duck stock too.

I wouldn't use it with corned beef though.

I made a duck rillette. It came out amazing with some smoked cheeses to share over Christmas. I'll admit it was enough to have us push our Holiday meal back until the 26th. This stuff is dynamite and it's very filling.

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Duck Rillettes – It Only Tastes Like Duck Butter with Extra Butter

Ooh, duck barley soup! Maybe reduce it a bit and use in an Asian stir fried dish. A pork stew.

Sounds yummy, whatever you might use it in. You can freeze some.

I've already got the stock in the freezer and hope to use it up in the next month or so.

I was thinking of Asian noodles, but I'm not sure where to take that. The stock could be cooked down into more of a sauce. I'd sub some chicken breast or pork, I think. Maybe some pad thai noodles and fresh veggies.

I've already used all of the reserved duck fat for hashbrowns :)

If you have some duck confit then risotto is really nice with duck stock. :yum:

Or soup. Love duck soup.

Back
Top Bottom