"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 02-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Easiest chicken recipe on planet earth...

Years ago while working in the yard, I needed to get the chicken started. Remembering what we did to smoke the thanksgiving turkey, I heavily salted chicken parts, thighs, drumsticks, and split breasts, (leave the skin on, it's importatnt.) I started the gas grill on high. When hot, I turned it down to low and placed the chicken on the grill, dropped the cover, then proceeded to mow the lawn. I turned the chicken often until it was golden brown. That's it. Salt, chicken, and grill on low. It is fantastic. The salt on the skin creates it's own browning bag. I simply discard the skin and eat. Don't worry about salting the unskinned parts of the thigh or the breast. It won't be overly salty. I have used this method on a Webber, also. The temp is much hotter, but I turn them often and keep them covered. It's the only way I grill chicken.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Interesting - I'm going to give this recipe to my husband. You're right, it sure does sound easy! Thanks, Sandy

Old 02-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
Master Chef

Easy?

Almost toooooo easy, I am afraid I will muck it up!!!! Ha ha!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I had chicken that was similar to this years ago in Portugal, it was excellent (as were ribs cooked much the same way). Too bad we don't have a BBQ, I'd like to try your recipe out

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Jessica...
we have a bbq you can use.
Just hop on a jet and come on
over! lol.

It does sound good. I can't wait
for Paul to take out the bbq this spring.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Cook

That's what most say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
Almost toooooo easy, I am afraid I will muck it up!!!! Ha ha!
....and they never try it because it is so simple. People think, as I used to, that you had to add a sauce, lemon, garlic, and so forth. While all of that is really good, this is soooooo good, it's silly. And, you live in Texas, too. We cook out 365 days a year. I love it.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #7
Master Chef

Phil

Oh, I would try it.... don't get me wrong there. I have found that "simplicity" often goes hand in hand with great cooking!!!! We have a fire ban right now so grilling out will get me a citation. But it is on my list of things to try!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
Senior Cook

I'm just east of you....

Quote:
Oh, I would try it.... don't get me wrong there. I have found that "simplicity" often goes hand in hand with great cooking!!!! We have a fire ban right now so grilling out will get me a citation. But it is on my list of things to try!!!
....we can't grill under the fire ban? Are you sure we are restricted from BBQ grills? If so, I'm in a heap of trouble.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
Master Chef

Watauga

At least for Watauga. The public grills at our parks, they are covered with black plastic with police tape wrapped around them. I noticed a sign last night at the park which said "Burn Ban in Effect". As much as I like to grill... I am only 1/4 mile away from the police station... knowing my luck, they would smell my grill and be at my house within minutes!!! Yikes!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #10
Senior Cook

I think you're safe at home, Sattie

Quote:
At least for Watauga. The public grills at our parks, they are covered with black plastic with police tape wrapped around them. I noticed a sign last night at the park which said "Burn Ban in Effect". As much as I like to grill... I am only 1/4 mile away from the police station... knowing my luck, they would smell my grill and be at my house within minutes!!! Yikes!
...but I can understand the burn ban in the parks. People are idiots in a crowd. Just look at traffic!!!

Tags
None