Easy Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
** This is very easy pot pie recipe but would love to hear other versions of your pot pie recipes. :chef:

EASY POT PIE (CHICKEN OR TURKEY)

1 LB. COOKED BONELESS CHICKEN / TURKEY BREAST
2 CANS VEG-ALL, DRAINED (mixed veggies)
2 CANS CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
½ TSP POULTRY SEASONING
1 (4oz) PKG SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
(or whatever cheeses you have on hand)

1 PKG PIE CRUST (w/2 crusts)

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER. SET ASIDE. PLACE ONE CRUST INTO A
9-10” GLASS PIE PAN. POUR IN MIXTURE FILLING. PLACE THE OTHER PICE CRUST OVER FILLING. PRESS BOTTOM & TOP CRUST TOGETHER. CUT 3 OR
4 SLITS IN TOP CRUST.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375,
BAKE PIE FOR ONE HOUR OR TILL BROWN & BUBBLY. ENJOY.
****Serve w/ fresh crusty bread & salad !

Thanks for the "blast from the past" re: the canned "Veg-All". Growing up, that was always a staple in my mom's pantry to toss into soups, Chicken a la King dishes, etc., etc.

Your recipe looks both easy & delicious - both prerequisites for weeknight meals around here most of the time. Although as much as I love remembering "Veg-All", I'd probably substitute a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Except for beans, corn, & artichoke hearts, canned veggies aren't a favorite of mine.

Breezy I agree with the frozen veggies. My chicken pot pie recipe is almost the same but I use a biscuit crust. I take 2 cups Bisquick, 2 eggs, 1 cup milk and mix together and pour over the chicken mixture in a casserole dish. My family prefers the biscuits to the pie crust.

Oh most definitely, I've used both the frozen and the canned and the frozen ones are better. Its a really quick and easy recipe for those busy days.

In place of the canned soup, I like to use either leftover gravy, or a bechamel. I throw in frozen peas and canned carrots (my husband likes them), a bit of diced celery and onion (cooked in the butter during the bechamel stage). Other seasonings to try if you don't have "poultry seasoning" include thyme, marjoram, sage, rosemary. Tarragon can be interesting (small amount).

My relative who grew up in Pennsylvania has just kindly given me all his family recipes and chicken pot pie is one of them, it sounds delicious.

Anyway I have posted it on to my website if you would like to take a look
Pennsylvania Chicken Pot Pie | Recipes from around the Globe

He said that from living in the south for some of his life he noticed this dish is identical to the 'Chicken and Pastry' recipes. It sound good either way.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom