"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #21
Everymom

Creamy lemon chicken.

Parmesan chicken is also a favorite around here. Mix together 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (use Kraft, it works better than the fresh stuff in this recipe). In a flat bottom bowl, melt some butter (1/3 cup ish) and put in some crushed garlic, about 1tbsp worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp dijon mustard. Drag the thawed and patted dry chicken breast through the liquid mixture and then dip in the bread crumb mixture, place in casserole dish. (If you have extra crumbs put them in a ziploc in the freezer for next time.) If you have leftover liquid, drizzle it over the breasts in the casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes and serve with rice or pasta.

Our other favorite is Chicken Cacciatore and man is that one fast and easy meal. Kids love it. Use either chicken breast or deboned thighs. Place in casserole dish, sprinkle brown sugar on each piece of meat. (about 1 tsp each) In a small bowl, mixe together 1 can tomato soup, and fill can with salsa and add to soup, toss in some oregano and basil and stir til blended. Spoon over the meat, and be generous. Sprinkle lots of mozzarella over all, cover and bake for 40 minutes or so. When there is only 5-10 minutes left, uncover and sprinkle more cheese on. The original cheese will have melted into the sauce and this last bit is to just brown up a bit while you toss the salad and serve up. Serve with pasta, the sauce is excellent with it.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #22
Head Chef

We take some bonleess/skinless chicken breasts or tenders, bake in a parchement paper packet with oil, lemon juice, onions (I carmalize first), black pepper, and seasoning salt....delicious.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Another one - chicken tenders work best or cut chicken breasts in "fingers".

Crush melba toast and season wtih garlic powder, salt, pepper, favorite dried herbs (parsley, marjoram, a little thyme is what I like). Coat chicken in egg white then dip in coating mixture. Fry in some olive oil and a bit of butter until done.

I really over-season my coating as it then gives some good flavor to each bite.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #24
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
I really over-season my coating as it then gives some good flavor to each bite.
Will you share what seasonings you put into your coating? Always looking for new ideas.... (I'm a "Brain-Picker!")
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #25
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftom View Post
Quick & Easy Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
Didn't I see this on a TV commercial?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
Will you share what seasonings you put into your coating? Always looking for new ideas.... (I'm a "Brain-Picker!")
That's a good question ChefJune - I more or less open the spice cupboard and grab. Standards are garlic powder, onion powder, fried chicken seasoning (McCormick), thyme, parsley, kosher salt, pepper - and sometimes marjoram, rosemary, poultry seasoning, oregano - - - - I mix these in with my melba crumbs. There could be more stuff I mix in but I can't think of them at the moment.

It's nothing earth-shattering or even different, really.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
Master Chef

Here are a few I've posted in the past. They're all pretty quick and easy. Good luck!

Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Breasts

Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken

BBQ Chicken Casserole

If you have a little time to prep and cook ahead, this actually is a quick recipe because you have a couple dinners' worth to freeze, too. It's great with rice or pasta!
Chicken Scampi

And the easiest is probably Speedy Mexican Chicken:

Mix together equal parts of sour cream (need to use regular, not low fat) and salsa. I usually do a cup of each. If the salsa is runny, drain it a bit.

Place skinless boneless chicken breasts in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray and top with the salsa mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender (depends on how thick the pieces are--for thinner, go more for 20 minutes, thicker, closer to 30).

Let sit for a few minutes and serve with rice.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #28
Assistant Cook

Hi Everyone-
I've had trouble finding the time to get back here since Tuesday when I made the drunken chicken, thanks pds, it was so good. I have checked out all of your ideas and love them. Ill be trying things from this thread over the next few weeks. Ill let you know how they turn out. This weekend I am learning how to make my Moms spaghetti sauce. YUM. She is a little Irish lady who makes killer Italian food.

I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you again.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGB View Post
Hi Everyone-
I've had trouble finding the time to get back here since Tuesday when I made the drunken chicken, thanks pds, it was so good. I have checked out all of your ideas and love them. Ill be trying things from this thread over the next few weeks. Ill let you know how they turn out. This weekend I am learning how to make my Moms spaghetti sauce. YUM. She is a little Irish lady who makes killer Italian food.

I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you again.

I'm glad you liked it.
We haven't had it in a long time... I'll have to make it again soon.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #30
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
This is the simple version of Roman Chicken. The recipe Giada DeLaurentis uses is WAY too complicated!

POLLO ROMANO

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces pancetta (or bacon), finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes and the juice
2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
Salt and pepper

In a 5 or 6 quart saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook slowly to render the fat. Remove all but 4 tablespoons of the fat-oil mixture from the pan and add the garlic and chicken, cooking until chicken and garlic begin to brown. Add the wine and cook 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and peppers, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
I'm going to make this recipe this week~ thanks for posting it!
Excellent topic!

Tags
None