"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Easy Coating for Fried Chicken

This is a question, or a request, maybe. Has anyone tried drying a savory sage-flavored cornbread or bread dressing, then throwing it itno a blender to turn it into seasoned breadcrumbs for use as a coating for fried chicken? I haven't, and won't be cooking chicken for a littel while as my wife seems to be tired of chicken lately (though we don't have it that often). Btu the idea intrigues me, and if it works, I would think would be very tasty indeed. If anyone is willing to try this coating (you might even throw some Stove Top in the blender), let me know how it turns out. I mean, all the seasonings are already there.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

__________________

__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Head Chef
 
letscook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Finger Lakes of NY
Posts: 1,879
yes and it is great. I also have used Cheez-it cracker, sour cream and onion potato chips, doritos.
__________________

__________________
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching
letscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,834
I'll try some the next time I make oven fried chicken.
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
This is a question, or a request, maybe. Has anyone tried drying a savory sage-flavored cornbread or bread dressing, then throwing it itno a blender to turn it into seasoned breadcrumbs for use as a coating for fried chicken? I haven't, and won't be cooking chicken for a littel while as my wife seems to be tired of chicken lately (though we don't have it that often). Btu the idea intrigues me, and if it works, I would think would be very tasty indeed. If anyone is willing to try this coating (you might even throw some Stove Top in the blender), let me know how it turns out. I mean, all the seasonings are already there.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
i course ground seasoned stuffing cubes to bread chicken cutlet one time. i went looking for me crumbs and GASP found i ran out of plain crumbs. not my usual italian flavor but it waz good. i served them with turkey gravy instead of tomato sauce. and changed my sides to mashed and corn. it was different.



hey did ya make the cream of shroom soup yesterday?
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Maryland
Posts: 1,189
Sound like a great idea GW. I'll give it a shot this week when I thaw out some chicken breast.
__________________
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i course ground seasoned stuffing cubes to bread chicken cutlet one time. i went looking for me crumbs and GASP found i ran out of plain crumbs. not my usual italian flavor but it waz good. i served them with turkey gravy instead of tomato sauce. and changed my sides to mashed and corn. it was different.



hey did ya make the cream of shroom soup yesterday?
I did indeed make the soup. It was really good. I made enough for two good bowl-fulls. I tasted it just as you made it and was very satisfied with the texture and flavor. I cut my shrooms into chunks rather than slices.

Next, I added diced onion, that was sweated until sweet to the soup and tasted again. it didn't change the flavor a lot, but there was a subtle difference and it was good.

Next, I added the fruffle salt. That changed things significantly, added a much stronger mushroom flavor. It was very good.

And finally, I grilled the steaks over charcoal and reserved the juices from the platter. I added the juices to the 2nd bowl of soup (that I ate for lunch today) and it was as good as I thought it would be. It was like eating good steak with mushrooms, in a soup.

Thanks for posting your mushroom soup recipe. It's well worth making.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Salt, Pepper and Flour.
__________________
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
I did indeed make the soup. It was really good. I made enough for two good bowl-fulls. I tasted it just as you made it and was very satisfied with the texture and flavor. I cut my shrooms into chunks rather than slices.

Next, I added diced onion, that was sweated until sweet to the soup and tasted again. it didn't change the flavor a lot, but there was a subtle difference and it was good.

Next, I added the fruffle salt. That changed things significantly, added a much stronger mushroom flavor. It was very good.

And finally, I grilled the steaks over charcoal and reserved the juices from the platter. I added the juices to the 2nd bowl of soup (that I ate for lunch today) and it was as good as I thought it would be. It was like eating good steak with mushrooms, in a soup.

Thanks for posting your mushroom soup recipe. It's well worth making.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
WOW!! steak juices sounds good. i have never tried anything truffle.

could you post your review in the cream of shroom thread so others can try your variations. thank you.

i am so glad you liked it!! i am so glad someone else has tried this soup. you're welcome and thank YOU!! it is nice to hear someone likes my recipe and makes me feel good.

btw i must have missed the lights in the sky!!
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.